Thread: 2018 Fiesta ST MK8

Potential Tuner

Question 2018 Fiesta ST MK8

Hi guys,

I'm from France, and I have a 2018 Ford Fiesta ST mk8 (1.5L 3cyl YZJA)
    After installing many mods (hybrid turbo & all support mods), my local tuner tried to make a map for it, but it's far from perfect, it has a big hp loss at 5.5krpm... and he could not figure out why...

So I'm planning to buy a MPVI3 and VCM SUITE and figure it out by myself !
    On the "Supported Vehicles List" of the website, I see "18-20 Fiesta ST 1.5 EcoBoost (non-USDM) (TC-277)".

My ECU is an Bosch MG1CS016, don't know if it matches "TC-277"... Can anyone confirm it will work ?

Will the VCM Suite help me figure why I have this power loss ?
    Does VCM EDITOR has enough parameters about my car so I'll be able to correct this kind of problem ?

I know these are vague questions, but with your experiences do you think i'll be able to achieve what I want ?

Thx a lot for any advice !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (160.2 KB, 47 views)

It will work as I have the same car however you need to really understand the ECU structure to get good and safe gains from these. It's has all the relevant tables for a STG3 tune.

Potential Tuner
    Thx a lot for the info !
    My biggest doubt is to know if i'll be able to pinpointing what causes this drop...

Various things with these. Fuel pressure is a known issue at peak torque. Throttle closure due to hitting a limiter which is likely what you're seeing. I am happy to help if you get the tool and take a read.

Potential Tuner
    Thx alot ! Ordering ASAP !

Potential Tuner

Thumbs up

OK, received the MPVI3 today, and managed to get a read without issue. Here it is !

Fiesta ST - Stage 3 - MFP.hpt

I'll try to make some good logs before this weekend. Do you have any recommendations on what channels to add to the log ?

Potential Tuner
    Inspecting the file for the first time, I've found theses values that seems a little low, and correlate to the torque drop I have between 5k and 6k... Am I wrong ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post713312
    Here's my logging channels and layout I use on my Mustang, I'm not sure how many of those are available on the Fiesta, but it's a start.

If that torque limit is causing reduction, it should show when logging as a torque source limit.
    It's likely it might be limiting torque output, but there are many other limiters, best to get a base log and see what's holding things back and go from there.

Advanced Tuner
    Agreed, grab us another log that we can look at.

I will inspect when I'm back from a trip

Fiesta ST - Stage 3 - MFP_Test.hpt

Yeah, whoever did this tune doesnt really understand the changes they've done. The max torque tables drop to near stock levels up top and this will certainly limit your top end.

I dont think they really understand the ecoboost ecu logic.

I've attached a file I've done for you to test with revised spark, load and torque tables along with small adjustments to WOT lambda. Let me know what you think.

Any luck with this?

Tuner in Training
    Yeah you need to raise them up by 60 at a time or so sometimes even more.

Tuner in Training
    There are a lot of limiters must raise the torque limit, and more My truck has almost 15 limiters. you can tell when your motor will not make anymore torque by raising torque limits. And the speed limiters there's about 3 or more of them on speed O. I can tune your file for you, what fuel do you want to run on this tune.
    Last edited by crown159; 03-28-2023 at 04:43 PM.

You need to have some solid experience with the 1.5 3 cylinder, these are very sensitive and you can't load them up low down due to weak rods and a weak HPFP. I've spent well over a year going through these mk8 STs. Unfortunately the OP has never replied back to this post.

Any update on this?