Thread: 2010 Chevy Camaro Huron Speed 7875 tuning help (Purchase Suprise!)

Potential Tuner

2010 Chevy Camaro Huron Speed 7875 tuning help (Purchase Suprise!)

I purchased a 2010 Camaro SS with k1 Pistons, Texas Speed stage 2 turbo cam (VVT Delete), Huron Speed 7875 turbo kit and Circle D 3400 stall. The car has FIC850 injectors, ADM Controller and ZL1 pump and tuned on E85. The car pulls ok, but on my first run with it, the headers were glowing like crazy. I decided to park the car in the shop and order an AEM gauge to see my AF ratios. However, I plugged in my HP Tuner and read the tune with quite a shock of what I saw. The timing is way off, VVT is still on, and I am pretty sure the injector data isnt correct. I posted my original tune that the car had when I got it and what I have been doing. I could really use some help with injector data and whether I should continue heading towards speed density or not. Any help would be awesome, I am just starting to get into HP tuners.personal2010turbo6.2SpeedDenVVTOFFInjData-4spark.hptpersonal2010turbo6.2originaltune.hpt
    Last edited by BoostedRay; 02-24-2023 at 02:10 AM.

Senior Tuner
    You should be able to get FIC's data off their website.

There would be a lot to gain if VVE was tuned.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Alvin did you look at the original tune compared to my changes? The VVT was enabled even tho it was not there, the spark table looked like they had no clue what they were doing and the Injector data was updated with what I found for FIC850s. I just wanted to see if it looked correct. I am going to clean up the VVE table once I know the injector data is correct.

Are they FIC850s, or FIC850s (the other company that conveniently also goes by 'FIC')?

Tuner
    I'll eventually go to FIC injectors... Blind, can you tell me which one is the "right" one ???

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedRay View Post
    Alvin did you look at the original tune compared to my changes? The VVT was enabled even tho it was not there, the spark table looked like they had no clue what they were doing and the Injector data was updated with what I found for FIC850s. I just wanted to see if it looked correct. I am going to clean up the VVE table once I know the injector data is correct.
    It's sadly not unusual to see sloppy work from a professional or not. If I picked apart every tune I'd spend an hour on each I looked at.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Tfoggy View Post
    I'll eventually go to FIC injectors... Blind, can you tell me which one is the "right" one ???
    One is Fuel Injector Connection (FIC), the other is Fuel Injector Clinic (also FIC). Both are quality stuff, don't think you could go wrong with either. The problem is, someone comes on here and says 'FIC' and only they know which one of the two they are talking about.

Tuner
    Thank you for the info !!!

Potential Tuner
    BlindSquirrel, You are absolutely right, it was difficult to know which set you actually have if you didnt order them. I asked the owner and got lucky with the answer. As for choice though, I would always go IDs.

Alvin, I am starting to realize this the more I look into my tunes. I am wanting to go full speed density with this camaro and I did the frequency changes, DTCs and changed the High RPM disable to 8000rpm, however I wanted to know if I should enable my speed density Air Mode Patch in the OS? Plus, I noticed that I still get MAF readings with all the MAF stuff disabled, is this because I need to enable the patch?
    Last edited by BoostedRay; 02-28-2023 at 01:30 AM.

and I am pretty sure the injector data isnt correct.
    If you are still unsure about this and want someone to check that it was entered right, you need to tell us whether you have Fuel Injector Connection 850s or Fuel Injector Clinic 850s. Preferably link to the product page or datasheet directly. Or post the datasheet here if you've verified it's the right one for your injectors.

https://fuelinjectorconnection.com/c...0-cc-for-cts-v
    https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/Chevr...99/IS303-0850H

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedRay View Post
    BlindSquirrel, however I wanted to know if I should enable my speed density Air Mode Patch in the OS? Plus, I noticed that I still get MAF readings with all the MAF stuff disabled, is this because I need to enable the patch?
    I've never noticed that patch do anything. I'm sure there is an application somewhere its needed.

You'll get MAF readings while it is still plugged in. If there is a 101, 102, or 103 it will not use it to fuel though.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com