Thread: 2019 Camaro disable Dynamic Airflow MAF ONLY

Tuner in Training

2019 Camaro disable Dynamic Airflow MAF ONLY

I'm having issues disabling dynamic airflow for MAF tuning. The car will startup using dynamic airflow or another map that I can't see. If I hold the throttle under a light load, it will pop and then switch to MAF. I have dynamic disable set down to 1 RPM. Is there another place to force VE to be disabled?

Thanks in advance!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksand Jesus View Post
    I'm having issues disabling dynamic airflow for MAF tuning. The car will startup using dynamic airflow or another map that I can't see. If I hold the throttle under a light load, it will pop and then switch to MAF. I have dynamic disable set down to 1 RPM. Is there another place to force VE to be disabled?

Thanks in advance!
    Try setting it to 500rpm. Sometimes the ecm doesn't like when it's set so low

Tuner in Training
    I've tried from stock down to 1 RPM. I'm not getting anywhere with this. It's a Procharged car. When I start the car it runs like crap, then I have to press on the gas, and it pops a p0101 code. After that, it runs great until I shut it down. If I disable the test for P0101 is never comes out of a limp mode so I can't run it. The car made great power on the dyno and the WOT is done, I'm out of ideas at this point.

Your tune file seems to be invisible.

Describing these settings is nice and all, but you would not believe the number of times people say they changed the right thing, but looking at the file shows they didn't. Or missed something else they didn't know also had to be changed. Without a tune file it turns into endless "did you do this?" and "but what about that other thing?"

Tuner in Training
    I agree, see the attached.

map 17 VE Test.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksand Jesus View Post
    I agree, see the attached.

map 17 VE Test.hpt
    Your file is labeled VE. Are you trying to tune VE because your post says you're trying to tune MAF only.

Tuner in Training
    I was going to try, but this is a 2019 so I'm not sure the process is the same anymore with failing the MAF.

Tuning Addict
    It's the same.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, everyone, for looking. I did get it sorted and used the MAF all the time. I changed these 2 parameters and left the dynamic disabled at 100 RPM.

I changed these two parameters to make it stay in MAF mode. Stupid question for the future, is there a PID to log that shows if the car is sourcing fuel from MAP or Airmass?

problem.png

Tuner in Training
    Thank you! FWIW, these bulletin boards might be a dying breed with "social media," but there isn't a better way to coherently share a wealth of knowledge. Keep on doing what you do all!

When searching the channels list, use partial words and then scroll. 'stat' (will find matches for both 'state' and 'status'), 'airf', 'mass'.

Couldn't tell you how many times doing that I found something totally unrelated, but useful, something I didn't even know was in there.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I've found many parameters that way. For some reason, yesterday, I was searching for "source." I've been on a Ford kick lately, and they have a "fuel source" PID. As the ECUs advance, keeping up with all the nuances is challenging.