Thread: The Tuning School. Pre 2008?

Potential Tuner

The Tuning School. Pre 2008?

Hello all, I?m a long time Mopar guy, but new to tuning. Would the Tuning School be worthwhile for pre 2008 Hemis? It looks like most of what they have is for later models.

Tuner in Training
    I just discovered the same thing ! I also need some guidance to get started with tuning 2005 hemi.

Quote Originally Posted by willyd View Post
    Hello all, I?m a long time Mopar guy, but new to tuning. Would the Tuning School be worthwhile for pre 2008 Hemis? It looks like most of what they have is for later models.
    Not really , some principles are the same, but the older Hemis don't have a lot of the same tables. the older Hemis work more off of MAP then Aircharge , and Tq request are less ......stringent.
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

This was one of the best things i read to start to get my head around tuning the platform. Props to 06300CSRT8 for his great work.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...tarters-How-To

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for that. I’ll start there

Potential Tuner
    Hello all you experienced tuners, I'm Mopar guy for a few years now did a view thing to my truck like cold air intake, clutch fun delete, V6 electric fun, shorty headers, new hot coils and plugs want do to a lot more in the near future. I'm going to get a tuner soon I just got a laptop with windows 10 ready to go. I'm new to tuning. Would the Tuning School be worthwhile for pre 2014 Hemi? Would a tune help me on my 5.7 Hemi?
    Last edited by Ramjet198; 03-12-2023 at 08:23 PM. Reason: needed to add some more

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet198 View Post
    Hello all you experienced tuners, I'm Mopar guy for a few years now did a view thing to my truck like cold air intake, clutch fun delete, V6 electric fun, shorty headers, new hot coils and plugs want do to a lot more in the near future. I'm going to get a tuner soon I just got a laptop with windows 10 ready to go. I'm new to tuning. Would the Tuning School be worthwhile for pre 2014 Hemi? Would a tune help me on my 5.7 Hemi?
    Yes a tune will help. More knowledge is never a bad thing. The tuning school courses will help, but they are more targeted towards the newer stuff. More so VVT vs non VVT (09+) but much of the basics will be the same

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    Yes a tune will help. More knowledge is never a bad thing. The tuning school courses will help, but they are more targeted towards the newer stuff. More so VVT vs non VVT (09+) but much of the basics will be the same
    Hi white1: Thanks, and I'm also wondering if a tune would help on all the new staff I did to my truck?

Advanced Tuner
    A tune will almost always help