Thread: Nitrous dry shot on boosted 17 GT looking for guidance

Advanced Tuner

Nitrous dry shot on boosted 17 GT looking for guidance

2017 GT ESS G2 makes about 14psi at 7500
    Ported 18 mani
    E54 fuel currently makes 880/630
    Nitrous will be a progressive shot on a window switch. This is for a friend of mine. I tuned his car since I had a similar setup but he has always used nitrous on his LS stuff and wants more oomph down low. We plan to spray from 4000-6000, that could change a little but we will not spray up top, we would rather let the blower take over. We will test with low bottle pressure to get the shot to around 75-80. The shot is coming in through a plate on each head below the manifold. I have some concerns that the fuel may not be able to react fast enough but lets say for now that this will be a dry shot not a wet shot. I will include the base file, my attempt at a nitrous file and a log from before nitrous on a steady 3rd gear wot pull. I also have concerns that much tq down loq could wig out the sensitive torque models on these cars. LEt me know what you guys think. I also am not sure I took all the nannies out of it so if you could, check that too. We don't want any fuel cuts or enleanments.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kenand1988; 02-26-2023 at 12:39 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone?

I can work on this but this will not fit in "free forum advice" frame unfortunately. NOS is worst nightmare to tune...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    I can work on this but this will not fit in "free forum advice" frame unfortunately. NOS is worst nightmare to tune...
    If we start really struggling with it I'll reach out to you.

Tuner in Training
    I've ran a lot of nitrous on the gen 1 coyotes. In my experience the air model doesn't know that you are spraying nitrous, it'll only show up in the fuel trims. Adjust the MAF Air Flow vs period to compensate for the nitrous.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbones View Post
    I've ran a lot of nitrous on the gen 1 coyotes. In my experience the air model doesn't know that you are spraying nitrous, it'll only show up in the fuel trims. Adjust the MAF Air Flow vs period to compensate for the nitrous.
    Got it, so you don't mess with power enrichment? You just bump up the maf to compensate? We had been wondering since it has widebands how fast can it react to get the afr under control. Same with timing since it has dynamic advance. He blew up his trans a few weeks ago which has sidelines our nitrous fun.