Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019-2020 f-150 advice

Quote Originally Posted by crown159 View Post
    You can run the vcm scanner and watch short term fuel to see if you running lean or not. You can copy the graft and paste it VE table under airflow , speed density to get it lined out.
    But before you make any changes to ECM make sure to save the stock form. Then copy and paste the file rename it and make the changes to it.
    My fuel trims were around 5%. Another member said that there isn’t any issues until you get around 9%-10%. Would that be accurate…?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by crown159 View Post
    What motor do you have. I have a tune for 2019 f150 2.7 Ecoboost.
    Any chance you can upload it or send it via email? I'd love to see what all your tune has edited.

I just did a quick WOT run and am starting to find a few new limits that are new to me (Turbo NMEM, Injector, popcorn back again). Anyone want to give some opinions? I'm assuming I'm close to my limits for the engine..?

march 23 wot.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Turbo FMEM occurs when the ECU turbo efficiency model for turbo goes out of bounds, you can kind of skirt that by changing the compressor and turbine model parameters, though I've only had marginal success on that.

Popcorn I wouldn't worry a ton about, it's usually just means that you're on the LSPI load limit, or other combustion stability limiter.

Injector limit you might be able to stretch out some more with a higher max injection angle, depending on where you've got it already... I probably wouldn't go past 290 degrees, though I'm not really sure what the absolute max you can really use here (330 degrees?)

Edit:
    Also EOI vs Pressure and 1-shot intake injection timings can be tweaked to get slightly more out of the injection window as well, though looking at stock 3.5, they're probably about as good as they'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    Turbo FMEM occurs when the ECU turbo efficiency model for turbo goes out of bounds, you can kind of skirt that by changing the compressor and turbine model parameters, though I've only had marginal success on that.

Popcorn I wouldn't worry a ton about, it's usually just means that you're on the LSPI load limit, or other combustion stability limiter.

Injector limit you might be able to stretch out some more with a higher max injection angle, depending on where you've got it already... I probably wouldn't go past 290 degrees, though I'm not really sure what the absolute max you can really use here (330 degrees?)

Edit:
    Also EOI vs Pressure and 1-shot intake injection timings can be tweaked to get slightly more out of the injection window as well, though looking at stock 3.5, they're probably about as good as they'll get.
    Someone mentioned just being to adapt up the duty cycle for the wastegate to possibly allow a slightly higher limit. Have you had any luck that way or just the compressor/turbine models? Also, based on my run, what can I expect to gain from the fueling angle/window adjustment?

Advanced Tuner
    It's possible that a change to wastegate base DC could be used to do that, in my Mustang's tune I have canister pressure, base DC, and both compressor and turbine models modified... So I'm not totally sure which one is keeping me out of turbo FMEM.
    I suppose I could put one or the other back to stock and see if it crops back up, but it "works" right now, so I'm a little hesitant to change things lol

I don't know if the injector window is really holding things back a lot for you, but it's torque max protection limit source, so I'm sure it's pulling some desired load out.

Tuner in Training

Tuning

I have changed a lot of stuff on this file. There's a little difference between the 2.7 and 3.5. I have made sure there's no Kr to worry about. Now I have fast throttle response at 70 wot. Here is one of my vcm files. show 601 torque, I have seen 608 on another file and 20psi boost.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I have done nothing to my injectors yet.

I’ll have to check out the file and see what all the changes are. I’m trying to learn the tuning processes so I might have some questions about why certain parameters were changed if you don’t mind a few questions.

Tuner in Training
    Hello
    Hp tuner is working fine with 2020 F150 ?

Yes it is. The only issue I ever had was a rare time that the ecu wouldn’t go into closed loop for a few days. I rewrote the ecu and it worked perfectly. I do have a 2019 though that when reading the ecu give a few tranny parameters but then fails to read the separate tcm.

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2020 2.7 f150 I'd love to compare your tune to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Jak3k1997 View Post
    I have a 2020 2.7 f150 I'd love to compare your tune to understand
    File sent through PM

I just realized that I can't PM a file. See attached:

Possible final tune for 93 & Flex.hpt