Thread: 07 silverado 5.3 fans always on

Tuner in Training

07 silverado 5.3 fans always on

new here! did the afm delete and disabled it before then the fans never kicked on when i started up the truck. now everytime they kick on on start up and stay on. im not to sure what to mess with on the fan feature because my tables look different from what ive seen else where. help please IMG_3073.jpgIMG_3074.jpgIMG_3075.jpg

Tuning Addict
    Usually means a dtc is set. What dtc's does it have? You most likely didn't get everything disabled that needs to be for the delete or it's possible something was left unplugged.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I have a p0533. Is there any way i can adjust the parameters to have it not kick on right away and continuously run?

Tuner
    I have found that table in a totally stock 5.3 gmc 2013... Yes, it seems the fans run all the freakin time
    Just adjust the table to your liking...
    Kinda like start ramping up fan% starting at 203 or so.. Start at 10-20% and get them about 45% by 212-215* and over
    80% somewhere around 220* ish.
    I read somewhere to not go over 98%... And remember that it takes about 44% for LOW SPEED and somewhere around 80%+ for HIGH SPEED
    The ramp you make will determine when they transition and when they go OFF

Tuner in Training
    Thing is as soon as i turn the truck on from a cold start the fans kick on and they never did that prior to the afm delete? As a test i zero’d out 192-217 and they still kicked on for the fan desired % vs ect. Am i not adjusting the correct area?

Tuning Addict
    It's caused by the dtc being set... That code is a high volt ac pressure switch code - most likely unplugged - should be around the MAF passenger side somewhere. Make sure your temp sensor on the front side of the driver's head is plugged in too along with the ground being tight on the passenger head - these are the usual things in the field I see get left loose or unplugged.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I might just buy the new pressure switch but everything is plugged in and grounded well. I thoroughly went through it all. Maybe ill do a resistance test on the sensors. Also will i need to tune in the new cam because im getting a misfire on cylinder 7. New ignition coil/spark plug and wires. I even swapped coils/plugs/wires.

Tuner
    you could temporarily change your AC fan settings to see if that will keep them OFF.... IDK if your ac system works or you are going to make it work...
    But listen to GHuggins on this for sure

Tuner in Training
    Found the issue with my stuck fans and p0533. I replaced the sensor with a new one which changed nothing, checked grounds on passenger side and temp sensor on driver side and they all checked out. Followed the ac sensor wires back to a bigger loom and found the wires frayed and shorting each other out! I bought this truck used from a shady dealer so im not surprised this would have happened. Thanks for all the help.