Thread: VCM Scanner not loading up on windows 11 x64 bit but shows up in background process

Advanced Tuner

VCM Scanner not loading up on windows 11 x64 bit but shows up in background process

So I try to load VCM scanner and it wont load up at all but it will show up in the background processes under task manager.

I want to add that its using roughly 18% of the CPU. If I open it again it will show up as 2 copies running in the background and both copies will be using roughly 18% CPU load so almost 40% between the 2 of them, yet nothing will open...

So its almost like its trying to load up as its using CPU resources but not doing a thing

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, have installed net frame work 4.8 as will as the NET 6.0 run time that is required for the BETA version. I also made sure that all directories were deleted including the ones with the configuration data. I have made sure windows is updated and I'm using the latest version of VCM suite.

I also want to add that VCM Editor works perfectly and will link up to the car as well.

One thing I did was tried the BETA version with NET 6.0 run time installed and VOILA!!! it worked.

I noticed the regular version is 32 bit and the BETA version is 64 bit, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it?

The laptop I am using is a fairly new HP I7 1135G7 with windows 11, 16gig ram

I have spent hours trying to figure out why this wont work but no luck so far

Weird thing is that I have the exact same windows 11 version on my desktop and VCM scanner works just fine on it

Tuner
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Potential Tuner
    My laptop also cannot download VCM Scanner. Currently, I am using HP 14- dq 0003DX
    Last edited by Vivian432397; 04-19-2023 at 05:20 AM.