Thread: 2.4 Ion Tuning

Potential Tuner

2.4 Ion Tuning

Hey there! Me and my buddy recently purchased the HPVI3 tuner, and are looking for a few different things to change in our cars. I am currently sitting with the 07 Pontiac G5 looking to open up my throttle response and do basic things which i've been able to find out through videos, what I cannot seem to find at all though is any information on 2.4 specific Ion tuning, the main goal with this car is to fix his fuel running too lean, (P0171) and throttle position sensor 1 performance (P0121). I've been told by friends it is possible to fix both of those codes with the HP Tuner setup, and likewise with my friend, so if anyone has any advice we're going to be breaking into it this weekend, so anything helps!

Senior Tuner
    Is the Ion modified or stock. If stock, you don't really start with tuning to fix DTC's. Start with the factory service manual.

171 code most likely an intake leak, they can be killed via hp but if you’re getting those codes stock the issue needs addressed properly before you start tuning. All stick everything needs to be right before tuning, otherwise you’ll back yourself into a corner

Potential Tuner
    so the ion is mostly stock, upgraded throttlebody, short throw shifter, and high air flow intake. we've been to many shops to try to get his check engine light fixed, and nothing has worked so we believe it is down to tuning, but the intake has not been messed with or tampered with so i will look into that before going any further.