Thread: 2015 Toyota Tundra

2015 Toyota Tundra

flashed my truck yesterday and when I hit write it did its thing. then asked turn key off 10sec then back on. It wrote 100% I got a error message and now the truck will not start. Is it bricked? Can i bench flash it to recover it ?

Tuner in Training
    I can't say I'd be of any help, but what was the error message, and have you tried flashing it again?

I can?t remember a 100%. It would just say failed. Yes I tried it 3 times. Even with stock file. My Snapon won?t recognize vin now.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I can?t remember a 100%. It would just say failed. Yes I tried it 3 times. Even with stock file. My Snapon won?t recognize vin now.
    You can restore the block by connecting directly to the block.
    To do this, you need to know where to connect the boot pin.
    Last edited by ayashiko; 02-28-2023 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ayashiko View Post
    You can restore the block by connecting directly to the block.
    To do this, you need to know where to connect the boot pin.
    I have a ktag I think I have the right pin out. U have another way to do it or able send me pin out u have. All ways nice to have more than one option. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Pinout for you. You can restore by burning the original file using HP Tuners.Sequoia Tundra Boot.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ayashiko View Post
    Pinout for you. You can restore by burning the original file using HP Tuners.Sequoia Tundra Boot.jpg
    Thanks . what what tool are u using to put new file in?

Any one have a original bench flash file for this SW:89663-0CL12 SW upg:30CL1200

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Any one have a original bench flash file for this SW:89663-0CL12 SW upg:30CL1200
    Do you need a file under HP Tuners?

No need have bin read with ktag. The hp files have trans files with it and I can?t use them to recover the ecm.

Tuner in Training
    You can burn the file using HP Tuners.
    You write down everything the same as with the help of K-Tag.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ayashiko; 03-01-2023 at 12:36 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I had the same thing happen to me. I ended up towing it to Toyota and they put me a new ECU in. But you should be able to send you ecu to HP Tuners and they can recover the ECU. I found that out AFTER! i gave Toyota $1800......Im still not 100% sure what I did wrong. But I still have a spare ECU now in case something happens to one.