Thread: E38 ECM with conflicting APP Values causing P0606

Tuner

E38 ECM with conflicting APP Values causing P0606

Yes I am still trying to get my supercharged 6.2 up to running like it should. Besides having MAF logging issues that I can't figure out (another post). I am having issues under Airflow/Electronic Throttle. I cannot get this Mapped right. I have 2 different versions the one that Edelbrock sent me as the tune with Supercharger, this one has different and lower values for the APP to come (starting at 3.1%). This one bring the supercharger on earlier and seems to have more power, but after about 5 minutes it goes into limp home mode and SES light with P0606. The other tune for this APP I am running now starts at 6.3% and I don't think it even starts there, but it takes forever to get the boost going and feel the power. I have ran this tune all day and no check engine lights just idle quality which I hope to fix with MAF logging, Can anyone explain this or how I can use the other one without the SES light coming on. I could not attach just the APP logs so I attaching 2 different tune logs. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    This is what matches your OS - use it...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    Thanks Greg will give it a try

Tuner
    Thanks for the file but was not allowed to save it or write it in.

Tuner
    Disregard Greg I am on the wrong computer. SORRY

Tuning Addict
    That's just a repository file to copy the app tables out of. Not to use.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    Okay Greg you are the man. That fixed my APP problem. Could I please ask 1 more question of help. I am only less than a year into HP tuners and I cannot figure out how to log my MAF sensor. I have watched Kyle at Goat Rope Garage about 10 times on this issue and taking notes, watched the foreign guy on the other HP tuner channel and I am doing everything as they are but cannot get a reading in my log for MAF calibration. Not trying to bore you but I have logged all the Commanded A/F ratio, MAF Sensor in Hertz, and my wideband will not work under AEM so I have use generic wideband SAE. I build the log using air/fuel ratio (math) and put in my MAF readings in Hertz down lower. I will post this and maybe you can see what I am doing wrong. Thank you

Tuning Addict
    You need to add in MAF flow g/s - just to help you down the road, but the reason why it's not working for you I think is your layout. Works in mine. Here's one of my generic layouts. You'll probably have to plug in fuel trims and lambda error as the maths never transfer.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    Okay I can't open XML file on this computer but I have others, meanwhile I understand everybody is using Lambda as means of fuel measuring. My AEM is supposed to be able to convert to that, but I am Old school and understand 14:7 to 1 A/F ratio. I want to Lambda but right now I just want scale my MAF. That may be where I am going wrong because the videos stress Lambda and use that, and show nothing relating to A/F ratio 14:7 to 1 in scaling. I know I need to convert but is there a way to do this in A/F mode. You have been a big help and thank you. Just want some numbers in MAF scaling and I will do the rest

Tuning Addict
    Just right click the channel - select units - select afr gas 14.7. You have to log commanded afr. Keep in mind stoic table has to have 14.678 as it's 0 ethanol percent setting and then change what's being logged in the table to afr error - this is a math already made up in the scanner that you can select

Here's a layout and channel config where it's already done. Super easy to do
    Last edited by GHuggins; 02-28-2023 at 11:54 AM.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    Thanks for the valuable information you sent me. As you know I am just a novice HP tuners and I am always looking to see what is has to offer. I am going through the Math parameters and checking formulas. Yours are very interesting and appear to be valuable to an experienced tuner. Without sounding like a dumbass I am famaliar with copying from my VE table over to scanner and visa versa, but where can I find column unit numbers, row unit numbers, and parameter ids and the id numbers related to like my wideband. I sthis in my HP tuners software or is this just something experienced tuners have of there own? Like a toolbox to a mechanic. Thanks for your HELP Greg and now I think I see the real value to this tool

Tuning Addict
    Your able to see my custom math's downloading those? Didn't used to be like that...

I'm actually going to take the layout down - there's some "specific" math equations and setups in there I really don't want getting out

You're welcome to keep it as you now have them either way Did not know layouts would load the custom maths now...
    Last edited by GHuggins; 02-28-2023 at 11:57 AM.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    To make scanner graphs - which I assume is what you're asking here - at the top left corner of any table in the editor you can right click and choose to copy row labels or column labels then you simply need to paste these into the associated places while making graphs in the scanner. If that's what you were asking.

If you ever get a fifth gen, there are custom maths in there for calculating the fuel density table and a few others which are the ones I didn't want getting out

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    Greg quick question. Until I can get my MAF calibration done. Just to get my truck to drive it without worry of damage. I got a snapshot at 71mph, can I take the g/s of the MAF at that point and highlight it with the hertz on the table and go back to idle and highlight that point and interpolate between the 2 and copy into my Airflow/Frequency and do that a couple of times to get me in the ballpark. Thanks

Tuning Addict
    Yes you can smooth between the two points - even if it's rich - it's better than lean - just make sure to carry the increase above that point too.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Old thread, I know... but what does APP stand for?