Thread: Am I running LEAN STFT 10-16+

Tuner in Training

Am I running LEAN STFT 10-16+

Hello,

I have been utilizing the scanner to really focus on fuel inputs and it has brought to my attention that I may be running extremely lean. I am not sure if this is an issue bc if you notice when the fuel trim is heavy in the red greater than 10+, i have almost no load or acceleration occurring and I am typically cruising if not decelerating.

I am attaching a large HWY daily drive run, it has plenty of points were the STFT is over 10+. My LTFT is not the most accurate due to a spacer, but maybe i need to tighten the LTFT range to hon in on my STFT. I read somewhere that it could be my car trying to maximize MPG's but should I be concerned at these readings.

HWY_toStmary.hpl

Please any advice would on point.

Advanced Tuner
    Your STFT is moving around a lot. I'd just adjust Slope +10% to correct LTFT, then if you want you can try to adjust the Injector Pulse Mult chart to tame ST.

The only real threat in my car is if STFT goes to 25. If it sits at 25 for too long it'll fault out the O2 and it stops working. LTFT can exceed 60 in my car, so lots of room for error there.
    I can't see your Injector Pulse Width. On mine you need that info to adjust the Injector Pulse Mult chart. Maybe yours is different, but fyi that's how I'd do it.

Not sure what "spacer" you mean, but I don't see how that would change trims. Now if you have a vacuum leak, maybe thanks to said spacer, that could make your trims do what you're seeing.
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909