Thread: Rear O2's

Tuner in Training

Rear O2's

Been tuning a lot of swaps with Holley lately, come back to a swap with a P59 today and the rear O2's (all of the O2's in fact) are blocked out and can not be turned off or on?!? Pictured is a really old file where they were turned off and I cant even turn them back on. What am I missing here? We cant do OLSD off a wideband any more?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gen 3s will still try to run the Post O2 test during every drive cycle even with codes disabled and sensors removed, it's best to leave the sensors plugged in and tied up out of the way. On Gen 4s that test can be turned off, but it's never been available in Gen 3s even before this new restricted access stuff.

Tuner in Training
    These are in pre OBD swapped cars so emissions wont matter if it tries to run and shows not ready. Just needs to be disabled completely so there is no CEL. End the FED, FBI, ATF, and EPA...this new world is trash. I'll give that a go, thanks.

Yeah, but it alters timing and fuel to perform the test. Since it can't ever complete the test if the sensors are gone it keeps trying over and over and over and over...

edit: And it's always been like this on Gen 3s. It's not a new thing.

These settings have never existed in any Gen 3 no matter what year or Editor version. They do exist in Gen 4 files (in older Editor versions).

screenshot.28-02-2023 17.37.22.png

Tuner in Training
    ^^^For sure! I guess its about time to move on from this as well. Holley and Motec I guess, Ive always hated this system for a race car anyway

In my opinion the stock PCM/ECM gets used in way too many applications where aftermarket is not only easier and better, it can even be cheaper when all is said and done.