Thread: High idle

Tuner in Training

High idle

Hello,

I'm struggling to get my idle to return to normal after a throttle input. The 07 C6 Z06 starts up, and falls idle the desired idle. However, once the throttle is pressed, the idle never comes back down. Any ideas?

Scan and tune attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mods?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.z0611 View Post
    Mods?

Vararam intake, aggressive cam, and LT's. I recently bought the car, so I don't know more details.

I don't mean this to be snarky... but why do the mods matter? Isn't something just giving it too much air? I'm learning this PCM. I cam from the Gen3 GM stuff.
    Last edited by cscott; 03-02-2023 at 09:47 AM.

Senior Tuner
    It helps to know if your expectations are unrealistic for one thing.

Advanced Tuner
    The more information about the vehicle the better to help determine the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by cscott View Post
    Vararam intake, aggressive cam, and LT's. I recently bought the car, so I don't know more details.

I don't mean this to be snarky... but why do the mods matter? Isn't something just giving it too much air? I'm learning this PCM. I cam from the Gen3 GM stuff.
    Your injectors data are not stock. I attached a channel config file load it on your scanner and do a log. If you have a stock tune file post it.

test.Channels.xml

Tuner in Training
    For posterity's sake:

The problem wasn't the idle itself. As mentioned in the initial post, the engine idled correctly after being started. The problem occurred when the engine speed was raised (goosed throttle). My solution was to remove air at problematic RPM ranges (1000 - 1600) in the Idle -> Airflow -> Airflow Final Minimum table. Now the engine smoothly comes back down to its target idle.

I am pleased to hear you got it fixed by removing air from the base running airflow, I would recommend you check out your idle settings too. Your minimum idle settings are actually above your base idle settings, this could cause the computer confusion wanting to pull down to your base set idle, but not being able to because your minimum idle is higher than your base idle. Good luck from one C6Z to another

min idle speed.png

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpargament View Post
    I am pleased to hear you got it fixed by removing air from the base running airflow, I would recommend you check out your idle settings too. Your minimum idle settings are actually above your base idle settings, this could cause the computer confusion wanting to pull down to your base set idle, but not being able to because your minimum idle is higher than your base idle. Good luck from one C6Z to another

min idle speed.png
    I thought the higher idle was dependent on engine speed, and not in conflict with Base Idle. Is that not the case? So the Base Idle has to be at least the highest value in the VSS/min idle?

Thank you. :-)