Thread: 6L90e / 6L80e TCC Adapt Torque Max

Tuner in Training

6L90e / 6L80e TCC Adapt Torque Max

hello

has anyone played with the Torque max feature under TCC adapts (highlighted in green attached).

appreciate some insight into what this might do.

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by GENFGTS View Post
    hello

has anyone played with the Torque max feature under TCC adapts (highlighted in green attached).

appreciate some insight into what this might do.

thanks
    The Torque Min and Max are just setting the rules in place of when the trans should be trying to adapt the TCC lock up pressure (it also looks at engine temp, vehicle speed, and throttle position too). And as long as all these criteria are met, then trans will try to adapt the TCC lock up pressure. Meaning if the trans thinks it needs more TCC pressure (to meet the Desired Slip) it will increase it, or if it thinks it can get away with less it will try to reduce pressure. So the torque values are just establishing the range of when the adapts are active based on the delivered engine torque. Probably not a lot of reason to change these from factory settings.

However

The values a few spots lower Adapt Min and Adapt Max are worth visiting IMHO. I would set the Min value to 0 PSI and leave the Max alone (unless you feel it needs to be updated). These values place a cap on just how much pressure the adapts have to play with. By setting the Min value to 0 you are effectively never allowing TCC pressure to be reduced. And by leaving the max pressure stock (or increasing if you feel the need) only allows the trans to add TCC pressure.
    Last edited by Cringer; 03-04-2023 at 11:51 AM.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

what are your opinions on regulator gain and regulator offset??? i haven't heard much info on these? i set my gain to 1 but not sure about the reg offset.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastarbastard View Post
    what are your opinions on regulator gain and regulator offset??? i haven't heard much info on these? i set my gain to 1 but not sure about the reg offset.
    It's not an option on my ECM so I have never played with it and have no experience with it personally. I am of no help here lol.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by alabastarbastard View Post
    TCC Regulator Offset seems to act as a pressure floor/minimum. I had to bump mine up quite a bit to keep the tcc from slipping, even with Desired Slip zeroed out. I want to say it had to be nearly doubled from stock, cannot recall. You can be at a steady cruise with tcc on and the ecm will start slowly decreasing pressure until slip goes higher than desired, then slowly start increasing again. Meanwhile the road conditions change (hill) and/or your throttle input changes slightly to stay with traffic, which makes desired slip a moving target that it will never obtain. Raising the offset just enough to hold zero slip until you give it enough pedal to kick out the tcc will keep slip zero (if that?s what you want). Just don?t try and hold the tcc on at too high of throttle position, especially if you are making more power than stock.