Thread: Clicking noise in audio

Potential Tuner

Clicking noise in audio

Hoping someone else may have seen this issue and knows a resolution. I'm using video from Blackvue dashcam which plays and sounds great in every other application that I have played them in. However when I preview or render these videos in racerender the is a constant clicking noise in the audio. I found one other post from someone having the same issue back in aug of 22 but there were no replies. has anyone else experienced this and/or know a resolution/suggestion?

Thanks
    Gordon

Advanced Tuner
    You could try checking if you need to update any audio drivers on your computer. I had a somewhat similar issue on my wife's Mac where the audio was recorded at 48kHz, but the driver always defaulted back to 44kHz output even when I would manually set it to 48kHz. An audio driver update resolved that issue; but that audio distortion was in every program (not just RaceRender).

Another possibility is that the video is being encoded in H.265 which RaceRender does not currently seem to handle very well. Perhaps advice from this post would help: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ered-correctly
    Exporting it to H.264 from a different video editing software prior to importing it into RaceRender works well for me, but I'm also not trying to use any GPS data stored in my videos.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    You could try checking if you need to update any audio drivers on your computer. I had a somewhat similar issue on my wife's Mac where the audio was recorded at 48kHz, but the driver always defaulted back to 44kHz output even when I would manually set it to 48kHz. An audio driver update resolved that issue; but that audio distortion was in every program (not just RaceRender).

Another possibility is that the video is being encoded in H.265 which RaceRender does not currently seem to handle very well. Perhaps advice from this post would help: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ered-correctly
    Exporting it to H.264 from a different video editing software prior to importing it into RaceRender works well for me, but I'm also not trying to use any GPS data stored in my videos.
    Thanks for the reply Bob. My computer is a new Windows 11 box I just built so all of the drivers were just updated a month ago. I also verified that the recordings are in H.264. Looking at the video properties I see that the audio bit rate is 64kbps. Not sure if that means anything but I see no options in the camera settings to change that.