Thread: help with an very stupid idea

Tuner in Training

help with an very stupid idea

is there any way to change the tooth count for the trigger wheel for mod motor pcms?
    i have an 05 f150 5.4, and i have the idiotic idea of ls swapping it with a gm gen 3/4 engine, but then running it entirely on the stock pcm with a few stock parts like the throttle and maf to further simplify the hardware side of the swap. very dumb, but still (probably) not out of the realm of possibility. other than vvt/afm/other complicated stuff like that i would delete anyway, basic things like trigger wheel tooth count would be an issue, and i dont know where to even begin with the cam signal. i guess i could have a custom 35x (or 36-1, whatever nomenclature) wheel made that wouldnt be too expensive or figure out how to mount a universal one, but i would just much rather change it in software if possible. also its going to be stick shift so tranny control is a non issue.
    Last edited by daktah; 03-04-2023 at 11:10 PM.
    2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT (E38)

Advanced Tuner
    You want to try and run a LS on a Ford ECU?
    How much money is in this budget?

Tuner in Training
    not much lol, that's why I was even thinking of attempting something like this. plus if it would if it would work out like I'm thinking it would greatly simplify integrating all of the other systems like the instrument cluster and cruise control.
    2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT (E38)