Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redline LED's?

Redline LED's?

I know this section of the forums are long gone and dead, but does anyone know what parameter (If there even is one) that can change the redline LED's? This would apply to C7/7.5, D4/4.5 vehicles. When writing a tune to the vehicle the LED's go to whatever you've set your fuel cut RPM at, but once it is done flashing to the car they go back to the boring 6300 position.

This would be a question for SIMOS8.5 users, unless there's a cross-compatible solution with MED17.1.1
    Last edited by Only6NoTricks; 03-05-2023 at 11:24 AM.
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Tuner
    I submitted a support ticket to HP months (years?) ago asking about this (on a C7 A6 with the 3.0t engine), they said they'd look into it, but I never heard back. :^(

Thats a shame

2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Tuner
    Yeah I'm about 80% sure it's controlled by the engine ECU but without HP supporting it, I don't think much can be done.

You really gotta keep on them about requests and give them as much information as possible. The easier you make the change for them to make, the more likely it will happen. I had made some requests and gave them comparison files and some documentation and it still took months. But I tried to reach out at least once a month or so and just be nice about it. "Hey just checking in if there have been any updates? Thanks!"

The only other option is paying for the custom stuff (forget what its called). But then you need to jump through all sorts of other hoops to get that information. Some cars have more readily available information then others and getting that data can sometimes cost a bit of cash as well.

Keep checking in with HP and hopefully they will eventually get what you need added.

It can be supported!

So I have an interesting update on this, after reading the FunktionsRahmen, it is indeed a ECU controlled program. Now to find the proper memory addresses to change it with UDP!
    RPMlimiter.png
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Tuner in Training

Rpm leds

Quote Originally Posted by Only6NoTricks View Post
    So I have an interesting update on this, after reading the FunktionsRahmen, it is indeed a ECU controlled program. Now to find the proper memory addresses to change it with UDP!
    RPMlimiter.png

I have a partial 8.5 xdf and have found the address for my bin in the map..

Default engine speed limit for instrument cluster (c_n_max_icl_dft) it is set at 6400 which is C8 in 8 bit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheDrill; 11-20-2023 at 12:23 AM.

That is awesome to see. So C8 in hex is 200, 200 x 32 = 6400, this is pretty cool! I'd have mine set to E1 technically if I wanted 7200. Quick question outside of this, I saw you were using PCMFlash. Did you use that to do a full read? or to tune the car entirely? I have a feeling I may need it for the dual pulley side of things, since there are missing parameters. I'm on 4H0907551G__0005
    Last edited by Only6NoTricks; 11-20-2023 at 11:02 AM.

Tuner in Training
    That is awesome to see. So C8 in hex is 200, 200 x 32 = 6400, this is pretty cool! I'd have mine set to E1 technically if I wanted 7200. Quick question outside of this, I saw you were using PCMFlash. Did you use that to do a full read? or to tune the car entirely? I have a feeling I may need it for the dual pulley side of things, since there are missing parameters. I'm on 4H0907551G__0005
    Yes I read with PCM flash and have used it to tune, Hp Tuners is easier to use but has many missing parameters.
    I will test tomorrow if setting to 7400 gets the leds where i want them.

Nice, I just ordered my PCMFlash dongle and module 57, are you also using openport 2.0 as your cable for that as well? Sorry for all the questions, I'm eager to find results
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Tuner in Training
    Nice, I just ordered my PCMFlash dongle and module 57, are you also using openport 2.0 as your cable for that as well? Sorry for all the questions, I'm eager to find results
    Yes, I'm using Tactrix openport 2,
    Do you have a 4H0907551G__0005 bin file for your car? If you do I would like to check it out compared to my 4G bin.

Not yet, I actually ordered all of that software and cabling last night and it doesn't get in until the 27th. Unless you want just my calibration .bin, but I have no clue what good that can do for you, as I have 0 xdf'/A2L/OLS files to define the maps. Would you mind sharing your partial xdf? We can PM as well.

Edit: I tried to upload the bin, but HPT is being giving an infinite loading icon on the attachment insert.
    Last edited by Only6NoTricks; 11-20-2023 at 01:29 PM.
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Advanced Tuner
    @Only6NoTricks, the same calibration byte (C8) in your box code is located at 0xA0044547. I have user defined parameters, but I'm out of town at the moment and don't have my MPVI2 with me, so I can't open/edit your file at the moment. If you're still looking for a solution next week, I can make the change to you file for you to test out.

Tuner in Training

File with cluster leds at 7200

@Only6NoTricks, Try this out.. set leds at 7200 for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Success!!

That worked! Was it the address that Aaron posted about? Many thanks @TheDrill ! I'll get you the bin when my cable and pcmflash gets here. IMG_5085.jpg
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Tuner in Training
    Yes the address was the same as the one for my bin..small things make us happy .lol

Advanced Tuner
    That's actually kind of funny, I didn't even realize it was the same exact address as above. I just ran down the bin and searched for string of bytes to match it.

Glad it worked either way.

That's pretty sweet! thanks yall!

Also does that technically mean that I can make a xdf with that address string (until I can really dig in with my bin) and change that to a different value? Sorry for being a noob lol, I'm fairly new to this side of things if you cant tell.

This tiny thing change has me intrigued on what we can really do with this ECU
    Last edited by Only6NoTricks; 11-22-2023 at 09:57 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    You need the paid "user defined parameters" feature to import a XDF into VCM editor and make edits, but yeah that's it. If you do XDF development on an actual .bin file, you'll have to use a base offset in the XDF for it to work in HPT. For example, in actual bin file, that address appears it will be at 0x44547. However in HPT software, the calibration starts at the logical address 0xA0040000. So the XDF will need to have that table defined at 0xA0044547. Thankfully XDF/tunerpro has a single "base offset" value that you can adjust to make going back and forth easy and no need to re-create a whole new XDF file etc.

I'll also say I had pretty good luck getting the HPT support team to add things to the definition files, especially when I could just send them a XDF or give them specific references or wants. Hitting up support or even user defined parameters is useful for adding a few tables here and there, but if you're really going to get into it and need to define a lot more tables, then it starts to make less sense and you'd probably be better off making your own definition files/flash with pcmflash or whatever. I kind of got to that point with simos18 before going a different direction.

I've already paid for the User Defined Parameters. I think my end goal is to be able to sufficiently make a DP tune, which was the main basis of getting the PCMflash software/hardware and the openport as well. I have a very long way to go though haha. The base offset makes a lot of sense as well. I've been using the winOLS demo for about a week to dig into a few random bins, and overall just learn how things are laid out, making changes, etc.

Do you have any other tips for someone who is super new to the hex/winols mappack based side? Thanks for all the help, I'd send you a beer if I could
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP