Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installation of VCM Suite Issue

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by G8GT Man View Post
    I bought a new laptop and am trying to download VCM Suite on my new laptop and keep running into the same issue. I get the following error message. Attachment 129058

Any idea what's going on or what I have to do to be able to download?
    I also had this issue. It seems I had to run the install from the command prompt(make sure you click on the button that says to run as administrator). Once you have navigated to the right folder, make sure you use quotation marks as the file name has a space in it. I am not a coding guy, but can follow instructions others have provided, use tech support, and stumble to find my way...This is what worked for my situation. See photo...replace the username with yours

Attachment 142906

I also had to remove Onedrive a couple of times as the computer kept adding it back. So immediately after uninstalling Onedrive, I ran the program from the command prompt and was able to install...hope this helps a few of you guys

Senior Tuner
    Google "how to disable user mode 4 different ways". Go though them as described. Try to run the installer again and it will show you the real error. Showed me this one was trying to find a missing "sample file" for a 4cyl. Problem was, the files were on a cloud drive without current access. Deleted HP "permanently" from drive to get them off, it was the only way to remove em. Ran installer again and worked instantly

Seems different things are stopping different people, so here's one to try guys.
    Last edited by MMGT1; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:29 PM.