Thread: 2009 tahoe ltz tuning (newbie tuner)

Tuner in Training

2009 tahoe ltz tuning (newbie tuner)

I have a 2009 Tahoe LTZ 5.3 LY5. I've add 1-7/8 S/E headers, S/E racing y pipe with added 02s, COI Intake, summit coils and wires, plugs, Vapor canister, vaper vent valve, new vac system and new oem torque converter. All new 02 sensors. All new gaskets rear main, valve, oil pan all have been changed. I'm really talking the time to do things right. I just bought HP tuner and awaiting for it to arrive. I'm learning from forums, YouTube, articles and reddit. Should I do some pulls and get data logged and start from there? I know I have some dtc codes and check engine lights. I wanna disable the dod/afm. Does anyone have tunes I can compare. Although I would like a tune I can flash, I'm really wanting to learn it all myself too. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I should do first? I understand down the original file and save it for restore if needed. I've seen threads on how to disable DOD/afm. If anyone has anything I can flash that's compatible to what I have please help.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks everyone I figured it out. Thank god for these forums