Thread: Jtec info

Potential Tuner

Jtec info

howdy yall, brand new to the whole tuning scene. was wondering if anyone had any pointers or knowledge on jtec tuning more specifically ta 97 ram 1500/5.2/nv3500 truck, ive looked all over but as far as timing and fuel ajustments its hard to come by any good info on it. thanks in advance

It would help more if you post what you are tuning for IE: what mods, and posted your read file.

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Potential Tuner
    Just a stock 97 Ram 1500, mainly looking at how things are looked at as far as timing and fueling go. Will post the read file when i get back to the computer

Tuner in Training
    the main tables you will want to mess with are timing, fuel, torque management, on a stock truck i dont recommend messing with fueling adjstments unless you know what your doing and have access to a wideband gauge that you trust, as its very easy to hurt a piston from running too lean. as for timing there was a reflash done to most trucks back in the day as a bandaid for the plenum leak. dodge pulled a bunch of timing out of the tune to compensate for the oil contamination in the intake mixture, so you can usually get pretty agressive with the timing on these trucks just keep a good ear out of spark knock it will be more apparent with hotter ambient temps, and engine temps, so if you hear it back off a degree or 2, or you might be able to step up to a high octane rating of fuel, as for torque management i always disable it personally. all it is for in my oppinion is to help with warranty clams back in the day there is a noticeable difference after disabling it but be warned when disabled you do run the risk of damaging components like the transmission or rear end, so be aware how you drive it and you shouldnt have a problem.
    01 dodge dakota 5.9 swapped nv3500, ported stock heads, m1 intake, 220 220 custom grind comp cams, 10.3:1 compression tuned by me with hp tuners.

15 jeep jk 3.6 lifted on 33s 87 octane custom tune by me with hp tuners

04 dodge dakota 4.7 air ram heads, 08 cams, 08 intake manifold, 10.5:1 compression, 341whp custom tuned by me with hp tuners.

Potential Tuner
    yeah im brand new to this whole game, not a whole lot of info on what to do and how to learn it either. here is the stock file off the truck its a 1997 Ram 1500 5.2 with a Nv3500
    as far as calulating the fueling and all that how would one learn all that or is there someone that has good info on it?

PickleRick Stock.hpt