Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2001 4.3 Vortec sensitive to timing

Tuner in Training
    If you still have the misfire, try gapping down the plugs, if the ceramics aren't tan/white I'd go a heat range warmer.

California, Where they suck the fun out of Life
    I'm running my 4.3 N/A and I kept getting knock about 5200 RPM lower the timing didn't help running 91-octane with Lucas octane booster didn't help but what did help is I changed my power enrichment settings, I added more fuel in the high RPM I went from 12.4 to11.77 in power enrichment and the knock is noe gone. I also change the power enrichment delay's all to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Life is an Enigma View Post
    I'm running my 4.3 N/A and I kept getting knock about 5200 RPM lower the timing didn't help running 91-octane with Lucas octane booster didn't help but what did help is I changed my power enrichment settings, I added more fuel in the high RPM I went from 12.4 to11.77 in power enrichment and the knock is noe gone. I also change the power enrichment delay's all to zero.
    How were your HO2's? Did it show .800v or higher? Or did it show lean. You could be seeing the demise of a fuel pump if it is running lean up top. Not to mention crappy spiders.

California, Where they suck the fun out of Life
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    How were your HO2's? Did it show .800v or higher? Or did it show lean. You could be seeing the demise of a fuel pump if it is running lean up top. Not to mention crappy spiders.
    When you're in power enrichment, the narrow band o2s don't read so I have no way of knowing anything you see on the data log will not be accurate. And I'm not going to waste my wide band on this engine this is just a test guinea pig before I do my 5.3 swap. And you're 100% right the spider injection with the stupidest idea that GM came up with. Just a big pile of bullshit is what they are. Plus these 4.3s in stock form when they get hot. They're not a happy engine. Anything above 210F they run like total crap. Gutless pinging just overall nasty but under 210F they run great. I tried to keep mine running between 190F and 200F ? there runs great.
    Last edited by Life is an Enigma; 08-30-2023 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Life is an Enigma View Post
    When you're in power enrichment, the narrow band o2s don't read so I have no way of knowing anything you see on the data log will not be accurate. And I'm not going to waste my wide band on this engine this is just a test guinea pig before I do my 5.3 swap. And you're 100% right the spider injection with the stupidest idea that GM came up with. Just a big pile of bullshit is what they are. Plus these 4.3s in stock form when they get hot. They're not a happy engine. Anything above 210F they run like total crap. Gutless pinging just overall nasty but under 210F they run great. I tried to keep mine running between 190F and 200F ? there runs great.
    So at WOT your HO2 go to 0.00 volts? Or to the unplugged value of .450?