Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Configuration & Histogram Repository

Tuner
    Im working on one. I haven't had much time to work on one because ive been so busy. Ive made a few changes to mine, but I cant seem to get everything worked into one histogram. Im also still haveing problems scanning Turbo Vane Possistion in histograms. I also havent found a way to refrence fuel rail presure to. Pageing bill.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone Got A Lmm Config

Tuner
    LB7 Tune

WARNING!!!!

Do not use this tune without a built Allison, EGT guage, and well tested wastegate. This tune is BIG.

ETA: And runs best with lift pump, and non-restrictive filtering. Great drivability with the first 50% throttle being not far from stock feel, but exponential for the last 50%
    Last edited by Amric; 05-31-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Any LLY owners out there that would like to share their tunes? Please?

Potential Tuner
    cant download any of these what am i doing wrong !!

Here is a tune I made, use at your own risk.. I run it every day but all trucks are different sooo.. It put down 360hp and 6?? on the dyno I forgot what the torque was.. I would not recomend this as a tow tune...
    2002 Pontaic Sunfire 4 Door 2.2 Ecotec
    15.9 best 1/4 @ 87mph (I/H/E)

2005 Silverado 2500HD 2WD LLY, Amsoil in the motor, 4" MBRP DP back, 4-6" tip, EGR Blocker plate, small HP Tune, boost and pyro gauge. PPE shim kit.

14.8 best 1/4 @ 91 MPH
    @ aprox 68*

Anyone have a config file for an LBZ?

What I'm really looking for is to be able to see TAPS values after putting some miles on a tune...

But other parameters would be nice too.. a lot of things arn't showing up correctly for me right now...
    06 LBZ DMax / 6spd Allison 4x4 ACSB - Self built/tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC converter / Co-Pilot | Holley HP150 / BD Filter setup | hood stack | Homebuilt IC pipes | Homebuilt Trac Bars | Black951's | Coolingmist stg1 | ISSpro | PPE | self lowered 3/5 | Roll Pan 12.6@105 5800ft (stock trans)
    02 WRX w/ STi 6spd - Self built/tuned Holset setup w/ a buttload of other goodies 11.75@119mph 4800ft (stock block) Built Motor finished!
    TJI Tuning

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralTJI View Post
    Anyone have a config file for an LBZ?

What I'm really looking for is to be able to see TAPS values after putting some miles on a tune...

But other parameters would be nice too.. a lot of things arn't showing up correctly for me right now...
    Has any one put together a good .CFG for logging the transmission?

I am a firm believer that if we can tune the transmission properly expensive Transmission rebuilds would be fewer and furter in between
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

I gave up on getting the scanner to work right with my LBZ... no help found
    06 LBZ DMax / 6spd Allison 4x4 ACSB - Self built/tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC converter / Co-Pilot | Holley HP150 / BD Filter setup | hood stack | Homebuilt IC pipes | Homebuilt Trac Bars | Black951's | Coolingmist stg1 | ISSpro | PPE | self lowered 3/5 | Roll Pan 12.6@105 5800ft (stock trans)
    02 WRX w/ STi 6spd - Self built/tuned Holset setup w/ a buttload of other goodies 11.75@119mph 4800ft (stock block) Built Motor finished!
    TJI Tuning

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralTJI View Post
    I gave up on getting the scanner to work right with my LBZ... no help found
    I guess before race season I will have to try and build one. Between updates to the shop car and customer cars time is slim

I have learned alot lately on GM transmission stratigies

It all started on a "Pro" tuned G8 that shifted like we were going to be re-building it now. Figured We could not make it worse so I dug in and played...hard!

Customer was happier then hell to pay for a tune and not a new 6L80E!

So I took what I learned and slowly applied it to the Allison programing that used many of the same parameters...and wouldn't you know...it worked!

I still need to pull it out to tighten the front pump bolts that are leaking (GM TSB) but now I am going to wait till I have a tighter converter and it needs it
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Tuner
    Anyone had any luck getting the Histograms to work? Trying to plot a table to find pout where my EGTs start climbing

Edit: I got it but still trying to figure out how to get what I need

Have a look, try it out. I used the other files here to start and get an Idea

Let me know what you think. I am still trying to get what I need on the last two table with no luck
    Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 04-05-2011 at 12:34 AM.
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

I want to log vane position to dial in my turbo. I read on EFI Live's forum that one of the members was trying to do the same thing, but he had the IAT adder playing into his logged position. Is there a way to make a config that would filter out the adders so you would get the vane position called for by the ECM so I could paste it into the vane position table and dial it in? Or is this not possible?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

I may have answered my own question... I will let you know when I confirm that I am right.
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Potential Tuner
    Any help for a newbie diesel guy. I just picked up an 05 lly with 101k on it, looking to just clean up the tune and get some better mpg's out of it. I have a little experience with lsx's but not much else. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by BostedLT5 View Post
    Any help for a newbie diesel guy. I just picked up an 05 lly with 101k on it, looking to just clean up the tune and get some better mpg's out of it. I have a little experience with lsx's but not much else. Thanks guys!
    Hey bud, check out the rest of the diesel section. If you need any help, let me know, of if you want me to make me a tune for you for a small fee, give me a shout!
    Andrew

Potential Tuner

New config file

Not sure if this works yet, but if anyone has a chance to try it before I do let me know. Also any recommendations as to what else to log??

Thanks,
    Anthony

Tuner in Training
    Any work done based on that LLY config you posted BostedLT5? I am going to start working on my 05 4x4 after I finish working on the SS and would love a good config file to start from...
    08 Victory Red/Ebony 5spd SS - ZZP Catless Downpipe - Crazy Steve Intercooler - ZZP CAI - ZZP Hot Side Pipe

I would like to look at what you all did with your mild tow tune ! This is so much differant than tuning a car ! This is a shop truck and i just want to add 100 hp at most

General

Year-2003
    Make-Chevrolet
    Model-2500HD Diesel
    Engine-LB7
    What the config is for-General.

This is just a basic config that is a ton better than anything I found. None of the histograms are setup though. Just using the charts for now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    03' Duramax CC/SB.

Year-2003
    Make-Chevrolet
    Model-2500HD Diesel
    Engine-LB7
    What the config is for-General w/ Balance Rates.

Same as above but for checking balance rates.
    03' Duramax CC/SB.