Thread: '09 CTS-V OS, where to remove VATS?

'09 CTS-V OS, where to remove VATS?

I am trying to use a production '09 E67 CTS-V ECM with an LS2 & GMPP harness, but cant get it to start. It runs with a GMPP E67 ECM, but I need/want to use a production one for features it has but can't get it to start, MIL flashes, but no codes. Where are all the VATS items to disable?

The VATS stuff is in the OS tab. Make sure you are in advanced view.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

These 2 "VATS Patch" are set to "Disabled" and it doesn't act like it wants to fire at all. What am i missing?

vats.jpg

So discovered I had to do a full write, not just write calibration to set the VATS configurations. It runs now, I keep getting P0315. It is a new ECM, is this normal? Other one I had on it didnt do this.

You have to do the crank relearn when the ECM is changed.

I said "it runs", but meant to say it will start, spit & sputter & die. Not sure I can keep it running enough to do the relearn.

Well the P0315 is not the cause of any of that, it's just something that'll need to be done after swapping ECMs.

The GMPP ECM doesnt give me a P0315 error, idles fine with it.

P0315 is an information-only code, letting you know that it hasn't yet learned the crank sensor offset. That's all. If you could get it to run the relearn and complete it wouldn't make it run right. It's not the cause of what is going on.

Once it's been learned, it keeps thinking it's learned, even if you take the ECM and plug it into a different car. Even though it hasn't learned that engine/sensor offset yet. Reprogramming resets the flag to 'not learned'.

Then if it was something mechanical causing it to spit/sputter it should do it with the GMPP harness as well....?

I don't know any way to tell you what's different in the two ECMs without being able to look at both files. You haven't posted anything to look at. You also haven't given any indication that you have done a close inspection comparing the GMPP harness pinning to the pinout of whatever E67 application you have in the new ECM. If there's no published docs for the GMPP harness you will need to trace out each individual wire make the diagrams/pinout charts yourself and compare that to factory diagrams from the production E67.

If pinouts between the GMPP ECM & a productin car ECM was different, then would seem replacing one with the other cause it to throw error code(s), but it doesnt other than the P0315.

Again, the P0315 is just to let the tech know that the ECM hasn't learned the crank sensor offset yet. It is not an indication there is something wrong that will cause a running problem. It's not a fault that can be corrected in any way other than by performing the crank sensor relearn. It's not a sensor fault, or a wiring problem.

"Since it doesn't set other codes I shouldn't have to check any of that stuff." Fantastic.