Thread: 2007 Chrysler 300C 5.7L 5 Speed Auto - Supported Parameters?

Tuner in Training

2007 Chrysler 300C 5.7L 5 Speed Auto - Supported Parameters?

I have a 2007 Chrysler 300C 5.7L 5 speed auto car that I am considering modifying, and I wanted to see what parameters HP Tuners was capable of changing before I made the investment.

These are all the things that I can think of that are essential:

Engine:
    Disable MDS (4 cylinder mode)
    Radiator Fan On/Off temperatures
    Cloosed Loop Enable coolant temperature
    EGR system enable temperature (or similar setting)
    DTC fault type table
    Airflow/Fuel/Spark tables

Transmission:
    Tire Size / Rear Axle ratio (speedometer correction)
    upshift/downshift MPH for each gear
    shift times/pressures
    torque converter clutch lockup:
    -enable/disable lockup for each gear
    -MPH lockup is turned on
    -MPH lockup is turned off

This car will only be used off road on private property. Can someone verify that HP Tuners is capable of making these changes?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve231 View Post
    I have a 2007 Chrysler 300C 5.7L 5 speed auto car that I am considering modifying, and I wanted to see what parameters HP Tuners was capable of changing before I made the investment.

These are all the things that I can think of that are essential:

Engine:
    Disable MDS (4 cylinder mode)
    Radiator Fan On/Off temperatures
    Cloosed Loop Enable coolant temperature
    EGR system enable temperature (or similar setting)
    DTC fault type table
    Airflow/Fuel/Spark tables

Transmission:
    Tire Size / Rear Axle ratio (speedometer correction)
    upshift/downshift MPH for each gear
    shift times/pressures
    torque converter clutch lockup:
    -enable/disable lockup for each gear
    -MPH lockup is turned on
    -MPH lockup is turned off

This car will only be used off road on private property. Can someone verify that HP Tuners is capable of making these changes?
    2006 Chrysler 300C NGC3 - 04896600AH.hpt

I've attached a similar sample file you can open using VCM editor to try before you buy.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Bill.

I downloaded the VCM Suite and checked out that file, and it looks like everything I want is available.

Do you have a 2007 year file that I could look at? 2006 is the NGC3 ECU and my 2007 has the NGC4 ECU from what I understand.

I didn't see any of the transmission stuff come up in the engine file, and since the trans computer is a separate unit, I'm guessing there's a separate file for that. Do you have a file for the 2007 NAG1/WA580 5 speed auto that I could look at?

What ever you need to do HP covers it. Engine and trans, its why all the fast cars use them

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Tuner in Training
    When it comes to GM stuff, I know HP Tuners has that stuff covered 100%. The reason I'm hesitant here is because the TCM I'm dealing with is the EGS53, which seems to be an odd carry over from Mercedes.

As seen in the thread linked below, the EGS53 TCM wasn't supported until 2015. In the case of my 2007 model car, that would be 8 years after the release of the car. The long time frame has me concerned that this is a lower demand platform, or the hardware presents some limitations. Either of those factors could mean that the set of supported parameters might be limited.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...e!-EGS52-EGS53

With all that in mind, I just want to make sure that the parameters I need to adjust are there before I invest $500 for the MPVI3 and credits.

I searched the forum for a stock 2007 EGS53 transmission file but didn't find anything. I tried to search the tune repository as well, but since I don't have a device added to my account yet I can't access it. If anyone has a stock 2007 EGS53 file for the 5 speed NAG1 transmission that they could post here, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I tune Mopar's everyday from every year range. HP supports everything we need for the Nag1

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve231 View Post
    When it comes to GM stuff, I know HP Tuners has that stuff covered 100%. The reason I'm hesitant here is because the TCM I'm dealing with is the EGS53, which seems to be an odd carry over from Mercedes.

As seen in the thread linked below, the EGS53 TCM wasn't supported until 2015. In the case of my 2007 model car, that would be 8 years after the release of the car. The long time frame has me concerned that this is a lower demand platform, or the hardware presents some limitations. Either of those factors could mean that the set of supported parameters might be limited.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...e!-EGS52-EGS53

With all that in mind, I just want to make sure that the parameters I need to adjust are there before I invest $500 for the MPVI3 and credits.

I searched the forum for a stock 2007 EGS53 transmission file but didn't find anything. I tried to search the tune repository as well, but since I don't have a device added to my account yet I can't access it. If anyone has a stock 2007 EGS53 file for the 5 speed NAG1 transmission that they could post here, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    yeah they love their gm's

you will find that hpt is not big on saving transmission files period tho
    Last edited by LilSick; 04-04-2023 at 12:44 PM.

They started with GM applications which I had and still have the same car I purchased new. Their software was available for mine from the very early days (maybe the original platform they supported) - I owned my first MPVI in 2005.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by N2speed View Post
    I tune Mopar's everyday from every year range. HP supports everything we need for the Nag1
    Thanks N2Speed, maybe you can verify if what I want to do is possible.

Mainly what I’m looking for is to be able to keep the torque converter clutch unlocked, except for 4th and 5th gear at speeds above 50 MPH. That alone would justify the price of HP Tuners.

I would also like to do the general performance adjustments - raise the shift points and increase shift firmness. The transmission feels great when in manual mode, and if I could duplicate that same feel in automatic mode I would be happy.