Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 4 e38 dfco tuning

Advanced Tuner
    It is fine to leave it disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by 04silverado6.0 View Post
    It is fine to leave it disabled.
    Thank you sir.
    L99 A6 - DSS FX Forged Piston's, Eagle ESP L19 Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, LS9 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnion Upgrade, TSP Chrome Molly Pushrods, BTR .660 Valve Springs, GM Hollow Intake Valves, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, IR EGM-205 Oil Pan Baffle, CAI Intake, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, ZL1 Pump, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter

Tuner
    I run with DFCO off and open loop. Haven?t been having any problems and I?m very happy with the tune. Also I don?t allow my TCC to engage at all in any gear. I like the feeling of the simplicity of it. Very stable.
    2017 Silverado 3500HD WT 6.0 flex fuel 6L90 6800lbs E78 T43

--- What am I doing??? Why did I do that??? ---

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
    Sorry ahead of time for the newbie question but I have to ask. Are you guys saying that you can run with the dfco disabled all the time if you want to? Because I disable it every time I tune my maf with my wideband. But I think I noticed the other night when I was out scanning with it disabled I was hearing a lot of pops out of the exhaust when I let off of the gas at high speeds. Is this normal? Thanks guys.
    Typically means there is not enough timing in decel.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

You can just leave everything on, and use proper filters to log OL and CL at the same time, makes things way easier.
    Also with DEFCO disabled you pretty much get no engine breaking. But to each his own.

Search for GMVE in this subforum for more info. You can also use that thread as a guideline for MAF or VVE only tuning. Plenty of info in there.

Quote Originally Posted by mememe123 View Post
    You can just leave everything on, and use proper filters to log OL and CL at the same time, makes things way easier.
    Also with DEFCO disabled you pretty much get no engine breaking. But to each his own.

Search for GMVE in this subforum for more info. You can also use that thread as a guideline for MAF or VVE only tuning. Plenty of info in there.
    I'm glad you told me about the engine braking because I think I'd miss that.

Tuner
    I'm glad you told me about the engine braking because I think I'd miss that.
    You can tune the deceleration areas in MAF and VVE tables to give you the amount of engine braking you want if you choose to turn off DFCO. I?ve been working with it and now have it how I like, not as much engine braking as before for me and not as lean as with DFCO on.

Senior Tuner
    You can still have great engine braking without DFCO. If the engine isn't braking either running airflow is too high or there is too much timing in decel.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Sorry another newbie question. Where do you tune timing for deceleration?
    L99 A6 - DSS FX Forged Piston's, Eagle ESP L19 Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, LS9 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnion Upgrade, TSP Chrome Molly Pushrods, BTR .660 Valve Springs, GM Hollow Intake Valves, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, IR EGM-205 Oil Pan Baffle, CAI Intake, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, ZL1 Pump, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter

Tuning Addict
    dfco entry spark and exit spark for when it's in dfco and the very highest row of the main spark tables helps with transitioning...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    dfco entry spark and exit spark for when it's in dfco and the very highest row of the main spark tables helps with transitioning...
    Thank you sir.

Senior Tuner
    Sorry another newbie question. Where do you tune timing for deceleration?
    Idle base spark tables.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

It's hard to even know where to start when all you guys say something different. I was assuming that the lower the timing in the entry spark and exit spark tables the more pops and the higher the timing the less. But now I'm not sure since Alvin said it's in the idle base spark tables.