Thread: Manual Configuration OS needed for E92 ECM running L83 w/TR6060

Potential Tuner

Manual Configuration OS needed for E92 ECM running L83 w/TR6060

2014 GMC Sierra original L83 w/ 6L80. Just swapped in TR6060 and having trouble building ECM file for a manual configuration. I have performed successful manual swaps in Caprice PPV and Gen 5 Camaros in the past but this LT OS is a different animal and I have spent hours trying to come up with the right solution. Hoping someone can point me in direction. The factory ECM is a E92 running on OS 12663390. I reviewed files for E92 vehicles with LT engine and manual transmission vehicles like 15 Vette, 16 and 17 Camaro. None of them have a operating system that is the same so I can not perform a segment swap. My next idea was downloading a 17 LT1 M6 Camaro file, pay to credit it and then change vin to my truck vin and copy over all the L83 engine calibrations. Im sure this method will create some issues and when I tried changing vin on a 17 camaro file to my truck vin it said os was not compatible. I have a MDI2 and access to GM SPS but not aware of how I can obtain/ program anything other then what GM gives makes available once it sees the vin of vehicle being programmed.

Is there a way to use MDI2 and GM software to change my current OS?

Is there a way I can create a E92 ECM file for l83 with manual transmission using GM MDI2 or HPTuner?

Appreciate any suggestions.

When you do your SPS/TechLine Connect you don't use program. First enter the VIN you WANT it to be not what is in the ECM/PCM/BCM/TCM/ETC.
    Screenshot 2023-03-13 192317.png
    Then on the program window make sure you click on the "Replace and Reprogram". NOT "Reprogram".
    Screenshot 2023-03-13 192503.png
    Just go to used cars for sale. Find one configured the way you want. Run it through TIS
    https://tis2web.service.opel.com/tis2web/
    to verify correct OS or updateable to current OS and have at it. Of course you will have to pay for credits again but it is MORE than worth your time to start it right then to "F" with it for days.

Potential Tuner
    ok this makes a lot sense and thank you for responding. I have read that 16' and 17' E92 files will not allow vin change and 17's have E92A-not sure if that matters . So if I use vin lets say from a 2015 E92 manual trans vette and program the ecm with that file via SPS replace and reprogram. Now the truck would have the vette vin in the ECM. Next I would then use HP Tuners - license the new vin number and then change the vin back to the truck vin? Wouldn't that cause a problem with BCM since the vins would not match? Or do you perform SPS reprogram with ECM isolated from rest of modules, Change vin with HP, and when connect it back to the vehicle?

Not sure if ill be able to copy over all my L83 specific calibrations into the new vette file. I read somewhere that the throttle body control might be different

Any recommendations on how to change BCM file to manual configuration?

So here is the process
    1. Find the right VIN for your configuration
    2. Go here and enter that VIN and search for the BCM and ECM/PCM part number to verify correct hardware. https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/acesCat.php?
    3. Program ECM/PCM AND BCM if needed using "Replace and Reprogram" on SPS/TechLine Connect. Perform your SRS etc. relearns.
    4. Modify factory programming and tune.

Tuner in Training
    Did this do the trick to make it run smooth like a manual? I'm about to try it with mine.

Potential Tuner
    @kras007 I have to know the details on this swap, im looking to do it on my RCSB ?17 silverado

@kras007 So explain how you went about the bcm juntion box. I built my t56 for my turbo 18 got the gm truck clutch pedal in I knew from the jump I would have to either relocate it or cut the legs off position differently or something trying to limit the amount of modifications I make on the electrical side of things for long term reliability.

Tuner
    @kras007 , can you provide an update on this topic, were you successful ? I have the same setup and am looking for manual gearbox OS options.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    @kras007 , can you provide an update on this topic, were you successful ? I have the same setup and am looking for manual gearbox OS options.
    same here. L83 swap with manual trans and having throttle hang issues due to VSS reading 158mph

Tuner
    I did just recently compare all the DTC settings to a manual trans GMPP cal and mirror those settings. This made no improvement in the drivability.