Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ls3/6L80E Swap Help please

Tuner in Training

Ls3/6L80E Swap Help please

I'm new to forums, so i apologize if this is in the wrong spot. I took a 2010 6.2 LS3 motor and 6L80E transmission out of a camaro ss and am putting it in a 1938 Cadillac LeSalle. I got all of the wiring diagrams from Identifx to build my own stand alone harness(which i have done 5 2006 and older LS's), once i had everything wired up and downloaded the factory file, I deleted the VATS and installed the file....but it wont start...I've gone over all my grounds, full power, switched powers and all the connections...everything tests as it should...am I missing something in the tune file for security? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Brad

Senior Tuner
    Post the tune and log.

What do you mean by no start? No crank? No fire? No fuel?

Tuner in Training
    it has fuel, and rolls over but there's no spark when it rolls over. I'll have to attach a log tomorrow

Did you write entire with the VATS delete?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I'm pretty sure I did, but I can try it in the morning just to make sure.

You need to disable the starter fault checks too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Also use the scanner and see if you get cranking RPM. No RPM no start.

VATS does not disable spark, only fuel (no injector pulse).

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for all the help, I tried an entire write this morning and it still didn't start. I'm going to disable the starter faults too and then try it again.

Tuner in Training
    TheMechanic- yes i can see the RPM's when the motor is rolling over

Are you using an ignition switch that directly controls the starter, no ECM control? There are other starter things that need to be turned off as well, at System > General. And starter & theft DTCs as well. Plus about 4 or 5 dozen other DTCs for stuff I'm pretty sure didn't get used in the swap - unless you've built essentially a replica of a Camaro wearing a '38 Cadillac skin. Bunches of fuel level, EVAP, O2 sensor, BCM/EBCM/IPC/etc. codes, lots and lots of stuff yet to be done.

Tuner in Training
    So, I disabled the starter faults and it fired but had problems staying running. I did a scan on it and it comes comes up with codes for the evap, fuel system which we removed. I wired the ignition and fuel separate from the computer on their own fuse and relay panel. The code I'm concerned with is the P1682 because the ignition isnt ran through the computer

Senior Tuner
    Check cam sensor wiring carefully.

A faulty cam sensor should start still every other crank but I've been bit by 3 in the past year that wouldn't run cause the cam sensor wasn't wired right.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    I turned off all the DTC for the evap fuel ignition relay, starter and theft. do i Disable starter Diags aswell??

Tuner in Training
    So as for the main part of the engine wiring harness I didn't modify, I used a factory harness and just removed the rear O2's and evap. And then just modified the X102 and underhood fuse panel(x50a) plug X3

Tuner in Training
    I will double check the wiring on the cam sensor as well

We have no idea how you have it wired and which parts are Camaro and which parts are Cadillac... or something else. Is your ignition switch requesting starter operation from the ECM and then the ECM controls the starter, like stock 2010 Camaro? Or is it an old-timey ignition switch that sends +12v direct to the starter solenoid and the ECM now has nothing do do with when the starter motor runs?

Tuner in Training
    blindsquirrel, yes it is old school ignition direct to the starter, nothing past plug x102 and x3 are from the camaro

Senior Tuner
    Saying plug this and plug that probably isn't helpful since we don't have wiring diagrams for this model in front of us.