fair enough, dont know if this will help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    So on the X50a diagram underhood X3

pin 1,2,3,9,14,16,19 and 50 were wired with switched key on power

Pin 13 was wired to ground

pin 27 was wired full power

On X102 diagram

Pin 2, 3, 4,5 6, and 7 are wired for the gas pedal(which was the gas pedal from the camaro)

pin 9 mil control

pin 1 was to full power

pin 22 was wired to switched ignition power

Pin 34 and 35 were wired to the OBD2 diagnostic port

Tuner in Training
    again I'm not sure if this helps or if this is deeper than everyone normally dives into this stuff, but i appreciate the help and if its to deep just let me know

If nothing to do with the starter is being controlled through the ECM then ALL the starter junk in all the various places in the tune need to be turned off. On the 'OS' tab. And the System tab. DTCs too.

Tuner in Training
    So i have everything in the OS and DTC turned of/disabled, as for in the system....on the "starter relay" I cant disable, I can either go low side or high side...and i have "starter Diag" disabled.

Tuner in Training
    and in the DTC I turn of P1682 Driver 5 line 2??

I don't know, you built the thing! Are you using a powertrain relay like the Camaro did??

Make sure DTCs are set to No Error Reported; some are set to No MIL Light as stock, that is not the same thing. You want it to not even run tests on things that are no longer there.

P0513
    P0615
    P0633
    P1629
    P1630
    P1631
    P1632

And any U codes for modules that didn't get used.

There are a bunch of DOD codes that need disabling. Don't forget the brake booster vacuum sensor codes - those are DOD also.

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate your help and patients.

Tuner in Training
    Because I'm not using the BCM do i turn off U0073(control module communication Bus A off)...I am still using the TCM
    Last edited by Wills Auto; 03-14-2023 at 01:38 PM.

Tuner in Training
    when you say DOD you mean Dtc error mode correct?

I assume you don't want DOD active, and/or have removed the failure-prone DOD parts from the engine?

What about VVT?

Don't disable U codes unless it's for a module that's no longer there. General Class2 stuff still needs to be functional, or at least won't cause issues if it's still there and being monitored for faults. Not even sure if disabling the codes would turn off Class2 anyhow.

Senior Tuner
    The online descriptions for U0073 sounds like it might be at least part of your problem since it indicates a possible problem with the CAN network. I can check the 2010 Camaro service manual this evening to see what it says.

Some of the online stuff for P1682 indicates that it is seeing different voltage for the portion of the ECM that controls the TAC vs everything else. This also sounds like something that might be a problem since I would assume both are tied to the battery voltage. Again I can check the manual when I get home.

Tuner in Training
    I only removed the rear o2's from the motor and the evap solenoid. I didn't realize it had cylinder shut down on it! VVT is still wired in....should i be taking it out and disabling it?

Tuner in Training
    Awesome, I'm going to check that now

Senior Tuner
    VVT helps with the low end torque but will limit cam size. The DOD lifters have been problematic but I haven't removed them from my Camaro, just turned off in the tune. Whether I removed the DOD system would depend on the mileage of the motor. Fairly low miles I would probably leave it alone and turn it off in the tune. Higher mileage, I would probably remove it, or at least replace the lifters with new DOD ones.

I would keep the VVT either way.
    Last edited by gtstorey; 03-14-2023 at 03:22 PM.

Cam & lifters have to be changed at the same time, the DOD lobes have really long lash ramps that'll cause misfires at idle if you put a standard non-DOD lifter on them. The DOD lifters have internal lash in the collapsible section, they need special lobes to compensate. The lobes on the non-DOD cylinders have conventional hydraulic roller lash ramps.

Tuner in Training
    So for now, can i just turn off the DOD in the tune? then later on do a cam and lifters?