Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ls3/6L80E Swap Help please

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Wills Auto View Post
    So for now, can i just turn off the DOD in the tune? then later on do a cam and lifters?
    Yes. But even that isn't required.

Tuner in Training
    so here is a log file and tune file, it still just spits and sputters and stalls, i checked all the wiring going into the plug on the tranny and they're all in place...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I found a P1682 i missed...and one for the fuel system.. but I'm starting to feel i might have to dive back into the wiring
    Last edited by Wills Auto; 03-14-2023 at 04:51 PM.

Tuner in Training
    So i'm still getting a P1682 DTC even though i have them turned to "no error reported"

Tuner in Training
    I'm also getting a p0122,p0223 and a p2122, I have gone through and tested the wiring to make sure it is correct and it is, it is also getting 5v where it should...the Tac module is in the computer on these? not like the older ls's where they had them on the firewall

Do you not have service manuals for diagnosing these things? Turning off codes for things still being used and still needed is not a strategy that will get you very far. If it's for junk that got removed, then fine. But you can't just turn off everything that pops up telling you there's a problem and expect anything to work afterwards.

This is from 2009 Corvette LS3, the closest I have access to for free. I am not paying money to get service info for your car.

Any one of these codes can cause the ECM to shut the engine down.

Engine Cranks But Does Not Run
    If any of the following DTCs are set, diagnose these DTCs first: DTC P0117, P0118, P0122, P0123, P0201-P0208, P0222, P0223, P0335, P0336, P0351-P0358, P0562, P0563, P0601-P0604, P0606, P0607, P062F, P0633, P0685, P0690, P1631, P1682, or P2610. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle.

P0122 TP Sensor 1 Circuit Low Voltage
    - The ECM detects that the TP sensor 1 voltage is less than 0.325 volt for more than 1 second.

P0223 TP Sensor 2 Circuit High Voltage
    - The ECM detects that the TP sensor 2 voltage is more than 4.59 volts for more than 1 second.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    - DTCs P0120, P0122, P0123, P0220, P0222, P0223, and P2135 are Type A DTCs.
    - The control module commands the TAC system to operate in the Reduced Engine Power mode.
    - A message center or an indicator displays Reduced Engine Power.
    - Under certain conditions the control module commands the engine OFF.

P2122 APP Sensor 1 Circuit Low Voltage
    - The ECM detects that the APP sensor 1 voltage is less than 0.33 volt for less than 1 second.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    - DTCs P2120, P2122, P2123, P2125, P2127, P2128, and P2138 are type A DTCs.
    - The control module commands the TAC system to operate in the Reduced Engine Power mode.
    - A message center or an indicator displays Reduced Engine Power.
    - Under certain conditions the control module commands the engine OFF.

P1682 Ignition 1 Switch Circuit 2
    There are 2 ignition 1 voltage circuits supplied to the engine control module (ECM). The first ignition circuit is provided by the powertrain relay, through a fuse. This ignition 1 voltage circuit supplies power to all the internal ECM circuits associated with the throttle actuator control (TAC) operation. The second ignition 1 voltage circuit is supplied by the run/crank relay through a fuse, and is used to power the remaining internal ECM circuits. If the ECM detects a voltage difference between the 2 ignition 1 voltage circuits, DTC P1682 will set.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The ECM detects that the voltage level difference is greater than 3 volts between the 2 ignition 1 voltage circuits for less than 1 second.
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 03-14-2023 at 07:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    No i dont have a service manual....I have been using identifix...I have only turned off codes to do with thing i remove ie. EVAP, starter, abs, fuel system, security/anti theft and the relays that were powered by the computer. The only one I wasn't sure about was P1682 and the U0073. When i remove the transmission wiring plug to check the pins inside the connector(everything was good) and plugged it back in the DTC didnt come back on.

I would go after the P1682 first, since that's to do with power supply to the thing that's setting a bunch of other codes. Sometimes one problem causes multiple DTCs and symptoms.

Tuner in Training
    thanks you for your help, I'm trying my best!

Tuner in Training
    sound good will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Wills Auto View Post
    I turned off all the DTC for the evap fuel ignition relay, starter and theft. do i Disable starter Diags aswell??
    YES you disable starter diag

Senior Tuner
    The 2010 Camaro service manual indicates that you should have the same voltage on ECM x1 pins 19 and 47. I would guess you don’t have voltage on one of those causing the P1682.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response, I'm going to dig into it tomorrow if i have time hopefully.

Thanks again for everyone's help and patience!!

Tuner in Training
    So dove into the wiring a little doing some test this morning and the aftermarket fuse panel we wired everything to shut power of to pin 19 when the ignition is in crank/start position. So Later this afternoon I'm going to fix it up. Which explain the P1682 code

Senior Tuner
    Do you have access to the full wiring diagrams? Glancing over what you posted in #21-23 makes me think maybe you don't and are trying to do this from just pin outs? That is the hard way of doing it if so.

Tuner in Training
    I do have the wiring diagrams, I'm probably going to wire in a separate fuse panel just for the motor instead of using the aftermarket fuse panel for the hole car. I was just trying to keep it less cluttered under the dash. All the other swaps I have done, I haven't had a problem, but I had a separate fuse panel for the motor for all the ignition wires!

I know the factory has the IGN feeds coming from two separate sources, one from the powertrain relay and two from the BCM, but in a swap to avoid this kind of garbage all the switched IGN feeds should come from the same terminal of the same relay. The factory does it that way so they can be independently controlled - shut off - for doing OEM stuff you don't need to worry about.

You can put separate fuses on the IGN feeds, but after the single relay that feeds all of them.

Senior Tuner
    The service manual showed two feeds from the main fuse/relay box. One was the powertrain relay, the other was referred to as run/crank relay in the text for the P1682 code. The wiring diagrams called it an ignition run relay or at least something like that. These are the two feeding pins 19 and 47 referenced above. I think there was also a B+ feed but I didn't really pay a lot of attention beyond what the P1682 code was referring too. And I never got to the point of looking for any additional feeds from the BCM or anywhere else.

Tuner in Training
    Ya so the full power wire is good(pin 20 on X1), I'm just going to put in a relay switched from the ignition switch that turns on the new fuse panel, so that way everything is powered from the same source and turns on/off at the same time.