Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ls3/6L80E Swap Help please

corvette E38.png suburban E38.png
    Corvette vs Suburban, functionally both do the same thing just from different sources. You don't need to copy any of either layout, just put switched power to the IGN ones and constant power to the B+ one.

(by the way, when talking about ECM pinning most folks will be referencing pin locations in the actual ECM connectors, the inline connectors or at the fuse box are not standardized in swap vehicles)

And, in Data Communications diagrams for the Suburban, eSI has a mistake!
    suburban mistake.png

Circuit ID, wire color, and pin# are all wrong (this is supposed to be the 'serial data wakeup' ckt, should be X1 #18). The pinout chart has X1 #31 as a loref.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I'll remember that when posting in the future, to use the pin out right at the ecm. I have the full wiring diagrams for the 2010 camaro for the Ecm, fuse panel and everything corresponds with the motor and tranny

Tuner in Training
    and I have the wake up wire Pin 18 on X1 (dk blue) wire to the ign

Tuner in Training
    So finally made time to finish up the wiring, all the ignition wire from the motor go to an aux fuse panel turned on and off with the key/relay..... starts and runs but i'm still getting 4 codes

P1682
    p0122
    p0223
    p2122

Senior Tuner
    I have to ask, but you did clear the codes?

If the voltage at the two pins 19 and 47 are the same, then that pretty much only leaves a bad ECM from what I remember from the service manual. Since the other codes are all throttle codes, I think you still have a voltage problem on the circuit that supplies that portion of the ECM.

Tuner in Training
    Yes i cleared the code ran it and cleared them again, and they come right back. So when I run the engine code through Identifix it come up with this description...

Conditions for Setting the DTC-
    The ECM detects that the voltage level difference is greater than 3 V between the 2 ignition 1 voltage circuits for less than 1 s.

I'm just wondering if because the two different ignition wires to turn everything on, are on different circuits, that they is a programed delay in the ECM to allow the ECM to have a second of boot up time before the sensors... any thoughts?

Why are you still trying to run two different power sources for the switched IGN feeds to the ECM? Use one source for all of them. One relay. One. You do not need multiple relays like the factory system uses.

Tuner in Training
    I do have it all powered from the same source and relay....I was just thinking that because the DTC description said "less than 1s " that there could be a programmed delay. Because the code are still coming up

Senior Tuner
    Starting to sound like a bad ECM but I forgot to re-check the service manual last night. Might be a bad connection on either the 19 or 47 pin.

Senior Tuner
    Service manual pretty much says p1682 is wiring, relay or bad ECM. If you have the right scan tool you can check the voltages. I don’t know if this is something HPT can read.