Thread: 2023 Sierra 6.2L

Potential Tuner

2023 Sierra 6.2L

Looking into modifying and tuning my new truck. Plans are for exhaust, intake, potentially a Whipple.

I just have a lot of questions. I?d like to TRY to maintain my warranty as best I can since it?s brand new and I have 150mi on it. I understand that the dealerships can be jerks and I also understand messing with PCM, tunes, superchargers, etc are not exactly likely to maintain it.

However, I?m considering buying a new unlocked PCM that I can tune and then if truck needs to go in, I can swap for stock PCM. Is that feasible given the amount of changes (especially if I added Whipple).

Also, how do I find a reputable tuner? I couldn?t find a list or directory on the website.

Tuning Addict
    Plenty of people on here do the tunes, but you can forget any warranty. They'll pop the hood and void it on the spot unless you just know someone and even then you better talk to them first as what they say and what they do are likely to be different when the time comes. Whipple has their own warranties, but you have to run their tune which leaves a lot to be desired most of the time.

Then here's the next thing that some don't know. The pcm swap worked a few years ago. Now either the BCM or TCM record peak torque numbers. They'll look to see something doesn't add up on the ecm end and then look at the peak torque numbers where ever else it's now stored and again kick it back.

Basically if you want the factory warranty, then keep it factory. At roughly 100000 you'll need injectors anyway - they wear out in the 70 to 100 thousand area, so I would recommend waiting until then and do everything as a planned event.

Just my .02 cents worth...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    I don't think 2023 Sierra is supported...

The 2022.5's and 2023's are on a new GM Global something or other can-bus thingy and likely won't be support for a while if ever.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.