Thread: Need a temporary tune to get me to the Dyno shop after installing A&A Supercharger

Potential Tuner

Smile Need a temporary tune to get me to the Dyno shop after installing A&A Supercharger

Sorry for this noob question. I am trying to learn new things about MPVI3 tuning. (and save a few bucks). I have a 2011 C6 Corvette base model LS3 Auto transmission. I'm finishing up installing a A&A Supercharger with increased size injectors. I am trying to figure out the path of least resistance (read money) to get this configuration to a dyno shop about 100 miles away. I have a truck with trailer that I can borrow as a last resort. I have a new MPVI3 unit that I just bought for monitoring and adjusting the tuning at the track.

I have been quoted from $250 to $400 to send my base tune to someone and they will send back my tune that is now safe to drive it to the shop. I would like to put that money to something else if I could and learn something about HPtuners. My quick question is how and where in the VCM editor, to I make the changes in my base tune to do what others want to charge me for? Also, what does the calibrate function do?

On my other car I have a Holley Sniper which I have have for over a year so I know about fuel and timing tables. I have made changes to those to improve both the power band and fuel mileage. So I am not completely new to tuning.

Can someone get me started here or just tell me I would be better off putting it on the trailer.

Thanks in advance,
    Cliff
    Last edited by colsen2715; 03-14-2023 at 11:01 AM.

Senior Tuner
    When we have customers in your position we credit the mail order tune towards the dyno tune. Have you asked to see if your tuner will do that?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    I know some will do a portion of that. I have to find another tuner. The one here in town was not recommended, so I have to find another one further North. This one didn't offer to do anything. I'll check to see if they will do that when I contact them later this week.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    When we have customers in your position we credit the mail order tune towards the dyno tune. Have you asked to see if your tuner will do that?
    This seems so obvious, but is apparently an extremely difficult concept to grasp or articulate. I have been pursuing tuners/dyno-owners here locally and all I get is delay after delay after delay. If I had known how difficult it is to be a dyno shop customer I would have just bought my own mf-ing MPVI3 and dealt with it myself....

Just take the s/c belt off, and drive it onto the trailer, and take to dyno. You could probably start and drive it, but idk what blower you have, and intake volume has probably changed, so you'll be idling like ass and be lean, most likely.

He changed injectors, so I wouldn't drive it without at least fixing the injector tables.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by L8APXR View Post
    This seems so obvious, but is apparently an extremely difficult concept to grasp or articulate. I have been pursuing tuners/dyno-owners here locally and all I get is delay after delay after delay. If I had known how difficult it is to be a dyno shop customer I would have just bought my own mf-ing MPVI3 and dealt with it myself....
    This is like a weekly or maybe even daily thing for us. Our thinking is its best that we get them going on a start up tune so they can work out the bugs.. Fresh builds often have issues and I'd rather not deal with it if I didn't build it.

We are a tuning focused shop with lots and lots of mail order experience so maybe for others they legit don't have a good way to make a start up file.

Hell we even tell people if it runs good on the mail order you don't "have" to come in to have it finished on the dyno.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Word. I did not catch that. That would be too easy to change if he went with IDs, lol

colsen2715 ...

What size and brand injectors do you now have in your LS3 ?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo6TA View Post
    colsen2715 ...

What size and brand injectors do you now have in your LS3 ?
    Stock injectors are 35.5# i think. Upgraded to 60#.

I have FIC / Bosch 60# in my supercharged 2011 GS (LS3)

I have been unable to post a tune to the HP Tuners Forum in the past, but if you PM me your email address, I can send you my tune via email.

However, the tune for my A6 transmission will be a little different from yours because my trans tune has been modified somewhat because I have a higher stall converter in the car.

BTW ... The stock LS3 injectors are rated a 42 Lb/Hr @ 58 PSI

colsen ...

So, I guess your not interested in my tune ?

Potential Tuner
    Gentlemen. I found a shop that will provide me with the tune I need, from my base tune, to drive it to his shop.
    His shop is Elite Speed and Performance. His name is Landon.
    Address: 230 Industrial Dr, Fredericksburg, VA 22408
    Phone: (703) 843-4781
    His reviews are fantastic. I went Monday and tonight he sent me the temp. tune.
    Thank you all for your help.
    Cliff Olsen

Potential Tuner
    Good to hear, make sure you have plenty of good fuel when you do pulls, Fuel tends to go to the back of the tank and run lean even with boost a pump ask me how I know Ringland failure is a thing with these ls3's you can check out my build at FULL SEND Racing on you tube, happy boosting
    Last edited by Fullsendc6; 03-23-2023 at 08:29 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo6TA View Post
    colsen ...

So, I guess your not interested in my tune ?
    Sorry for not taking your generous offer. I was looking for a shop that would help me and it looks like I found one.