Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Won't come off idle

Tuner
    The only code set is a self induced P0103. You can see in the data log that the TPS moves with the APP.
    1940 Chevy Pickup 6.0L Honey Badger cam DBC 4L65E Daily Driver

Advanced Tuner
    I think if your fuel pressure is correct, you need to verify your injectors. Adding max short term trim % at idle on top of the increased VE table at idle points to smaller injectors than what the calibration is reflecting.

Tuner
    So I was worried about a vacuum leak while I was cranking it over and it starting as lean as it was. I also noticed the it was idling at 65kPa on the MAP sensor. I brought the smoke machine home with me to test for vacuum leaks and found the intake was leaking everywhere. Smoke was coming from everywhere. I removed that intake and put on a spare that I had to see if it fixed it. Unfortunantely, our parts store was not open and I could not get a new set of intake gaskets. This time the leak was significantly less but there is still some leaking under the intake. I will get a new set of gaskets tomorrow and hopefully fix it, if not, I will be getting a new intake. I will update as I gather more information.

Tuner
    I replaced the gaskets and retested the intake and now have a good seal. I did get it running after this and am getting a pretty bad hesitation when hitting the throttle.

Fix the VE, it's not supposed to be like that.

Turn off Brake TqMgt, extra especially in a swap that I'm fairly sure isn't using the original brake switch.

I do not like the using 1 Hz for MAF Fail High. Do not log MAF channels when you have the MAF failed.

Does the throttle not work when it's running, or is this something else? Is it confirmed that a 2008 TB will work with the 2005 TAC? I see the APP & TPS move before the engine runs, and kinda-sorta see where the APP moves after it's running but TPS doesn't change, honestly if there are pedal/TB movements happening they're small enough and random enough that it could be mistaken for noise. Looks like spark nosedives when you touch the pedal, whether it's pulling timing because the TAC is all confused and it thinks you might be about to die or because Brake TqMgt is doing something weird or because something else, I don't know.

Tuner
    It is not the brake switch from the escalade but it does work the same way. I am planning on working on the VE however when I got the engine running and was able to move the car in the driveway I found a mechanical issue in the transmission so I will need to pull it out and fix that before I can drive it to tune the VE table. I will report back after I get that fixed. I still have a roll bar and seat belts to install as well but I am happy I got it running.

Sorry, I thought 'a pretty bad hesitation' was something you were looking to fix. That up/way down/back up again in the VE could definitely cause that. Then again I'm looking at tunes and logs from before stuff was fixed, so maybe it's fine.

Tuner
    Well this is where it is at now. I would like to fix the hesitation but it is kinda hard to tune VE when I can't even move the car.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    I have an update. I rebuilt the transmission and got it back in. I went to drive it and didn't make it out of the driveway before the grinding noise returned. I was datalogging at the time which would have showed me where the problem was but I figured it out the old fashioned way. I had my wife sit in the car and rev the engine in gear and found the driveline spinning and the car not going anywhere. Since this wasn't a transmission issue, I did a little tuning and got it to rev up. I now need to remove the third member and figure out where the failure is. This third member I bought assembled from a major parts supplier and it probably wasn't built by Joe Blow under a tree so I am probably going to have to send it back. I got what my original concern was fixed now. Thanks for the help!