Thread: E67 LE5 Sport/4WD Switch Inputs

Potential Tuner

E67 LE5 Sport/4WD Switch Inputs

First post!

Getting ready to start the Jeep Wrangler LE5 conversion. Engine, MA5 manual trans and transfer case all prepped. Pretty much have 90% of the prework done so the swap will take a little less time. Got to be emission legal. Mostly used in the winter when someone needs rescued when the weather forecast calls for snow. Some work around the farm maybe pulling a few stumps or pulling my truck out of the mud.

Used 80K mi. engine from a 2006 Solstice. New timing chains, gaskets, Solo header. E67 ECM came with the engine.

Used MA5 4WD trans from a 2006 Colorado with the AR5 input shaft and the Jeep AX15 tail housing. GM NP231 transfer case swapped into the Jeep case front half so I can use the GM VSS.

Ditching the entire Jeep PCM so I have a Stewart-Warner gauge package built up.

Affordable Fuel Injection supplied a custom built wiring harness. That's about 99% dialed in. A question though:

Are there switch inputs for Sport/Tow or 4WD mode into the ECM for the Solstice? I see tables in HP Tuner under the Electronic Throttle tab that may be handy.

I found several pinouts for E67 4WD trucks that used C1-3 or 4 for 4WD input. I don't see anything in the BCM other than power to the switch.

Thanks for the help.

Potential Tuner
    Decided to connect the laptop to the ECM on my bench harness to see if anything worked. I have VCM scanner connected and there are several 4WD status inputs available.

4WD trucks that used C1-3 or 4 for 4WD input show a pull up resistor. I expected to see 12v on those 2 pins. They are grounded instead. Grounding the pins did not change the status in the scanner. Not a good idea to put 12v on grounded pins.

At this point I would have to say that this a dead end. Unless someone has any knowledge otherwise.