Thread: 2017 Focus RS EXhaust temp limit 2.3L

Potential Tuner

2017 Focus RS EXhaust temp limit 2.3L

Hi guy and thank you in advance

My name Al.
    I'm not new at tuning but my main platforms are stand alone systems. HPtuners is little new to me this is the 3rd car I tune or been trying.
    car background.
    the car end up at the shop with a bend rod. He installed a turbo smart wastegate/actuator with a 12psi spring but after tested the opening pressure it would open untill 23psi so he over boosted.

the owner got a stage 2 head and a mountune High Performance 2.3L Focus RS / Mustang Short Block, ETS intercooler kit, turbo smart blow off valve, new radiator, 1700cc injectos DWC and a Cat back.

Sense this is my very first ecoboost ecm/pcm tune I decided to get the tuning course by The tuning school. I've probably read the 2.3L part about 100 times and watch the main classes with horrible resolution by the way. Ive fallowed the book to the T and had read so many awesome information from a lot of you guys here.

Things had gotten better and after finding the fix to a few other limits now I have one more and I can not figure it out. exhaust limits issues.

wastegate was removed and made sure it was working correctly

2017 rs 2.3l exhast limits.hpl2017 rs 2.3l exhaust temp limits.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Not at a computer right now, so I can't open anything... But just a guess: exhaust flange temp inverse table?

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for response.
    Table 44553? the Exh Temp / RPM ? but this table only reads up to 2500rpm and my cat exhaust temp only reads 950f

Advanced Tuner
    It'll be one of the tables to the right of that, has load values in it... I'd give you the parameter number, but I don't recall it. lol

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for response.
    I tried this and it did sounded better but cut in and out with the same limit but give me missfires and over speed code

Potential Tuner
    you were right the load limit was too load low. I'm having a little trouble understanding timing adjustments, I know that the borderline tables is used based on the ignition source log. I think I got that the MBT tables are always the higher points, the borderline are what is used and the cylinder pressure are the limits what is set is what the ecm will never allow to do.
    but when ever I change it even by a degree its all over the place. I lowered boost the ecm takes timing I add boost the ecm takes even more timing (-3 degrees retard timing EXAMPLE)
    Am I missing something?

Thank you

Advanced Tuner
    its a torque based ecm so it will use spark or boost to hit a certain value, sometimes its more spark less boost, other times its more boost less spark.