Thread: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2015 6L80e how can I make shifting more smooth or softer

Tuner in Training

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2015 6L80e how can I make shifting more smooth or softer

I feel like all the shifts are a little bit too firm or hard. Is there a way to make them more smooth?
    I have attached the tune file and original file. If anyone can put some input that would be great.

Thank you in advance

Easiest thing to do would be just go back to stock transmission settings for shift pressure, shift speed, shift torque factor etc etc. Then reset the adapts and see how it behaves.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Do I need to increase shift pressures and shift speeds or decrease for softer shifts. I am very new to hp tuning.

i adjusted shift timing torque adder. then the max volume adapts to all match at 200 . shifts smooth. ammd feels good to me. got rid of that clunky jumpy 2-3 shift.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry I am very new to hp tuners. I have no idea how to do that.
    Would you happen to have screenshots.

87 octane mild tryIN NOW.hpt

USE THE COMPARE FEATURE, and look at the differences in the trans tables. do not just write this tune into your ride.

mine shifts smooth and fast at part throttle, and shifts pretty firm at wide open.

Tuner in Training
    Great, thank you.
    From what car is this tune?

2015 z71 chevy crew cab 1500 5.3 6l80e

Tuner in Training
    Thank you, will compare with my tune.
    Lots to learn yet for me.
    Would you be able to look at my tune and let me know what you think.

trans 1 T2.hpt

load this one in your truck, then open the scanner go to vehicle special funtions and reset the trans adapts, then go for a drive, it will shift a bit hard at first but will settle in after a few stop and go.

your tune looks alright, some things left on the table for spark(depending what octane you run), and torque management.

biggest thing is make baby steps, change 1 thing at a time so if something isnt right you know what you last did to it.
    Last edited by TZTuning; 03-18-2023 at 07:14 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Great, thank you will try today.
    What would you change on the engine side?

compare yours with with mine i posted previously it will show everything i changed, some timing, worked in the maf airflow, and vve table. along with a few other things like torque management, cutoff, DOD, power enrichment, etc..