Thread: 6.7 powerstroke vgt table missing

Banned

6.7 powerstroke vgt table missing

sct vgt table.PNG
    hpt vgt table.PNG

is there a reason why hpt is missing the vgt tables?? does anyone else see them?? SCT has them but HPtuners doesnt.. this is 2017-19 file.

Vane map.pngThis is Beta 5.1.324

Banned
    SCT BOOST PRESSURE SETPOINT.png
    That looks right, labeled different. Im also curious why they both dont have ebp pressure set points even though the truck uses ebp. ebp should have some control on the turbo side of things. I modified that to make a HISS tune and it didnt do anything. im trying to get the vgt to 100% at idle and that didnt work. also modifed boost pressure base setpoint and still nothing.
    Last edited by Powerstrokecustoms; 03-16-2023 at 01:50 AM.

Where did you modify it? Log current torque and see where it's at during idle, should be between 0-110ftlbs or 0-150NM. They are the same tables just axis are inverted and in Ft lbs instead of NM

Tuner in Training
    Did you try modifying mode 3 tables?

Banned
    i tried modifying all the boost pressure set points, boost control set points, every map tables, and vgt tables. put them all to the max from 500-1000 rpm.. truck still rumbles at idle.

Banned
    i figured it out. its in this table.. Capture.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    i figured it out. its in this table.. Capture.PNG
    Yeah that'll do it! I assumed you'd changed it already and was like what else could it be lol. Glad it's working for ya!

Banned
    the crappy part is, in sct they have boost pressure control upper limit and lower limit. and its under diesel boost control threshold. and its labeled as a upper limit PCR controller. I was like come on. i do way more tuning with SCT then HPT just because 1. there's just way more stuff to modify and 2. you can save the mods you do to a specific table as a value file.

Potential Tuner
    Has anyone figured out how to adjust this more adequately, recently installed a no limit fab 64/67 turbo on my 22, reset vgt and have had issues during certain driving conditions. I have logs that can be provided if anyone wants to help me tackle this concern. I know it has something to do with the VGT tables that are currently on the tune as they are set for the smaller size turbo.