Thread: T43 new programming

Tuner in Training

T43 new programming

May be purchasing a new T43 (don?t have the part number just yet as I have not removed it yet) for a 2007 Yukon 6.2/6L80E
    If the new TCM is cleared of its previous tune am I able to plug my trans harness into it and flash my current trans tune from the HPT editor?(trans write entire)

May have some failing pressure switches/solenoids in the current T43

I rebuilt the pressure switches and electrically tested the TCM during my rebuild process but having some slipping/flaring
    1-2/2-3 when the trans temp is 190 degrees. No issues cold temp and I have a cooler.

Eng/trans combo in a 91 Camaro

Thanks

If the trans has been programmed correctly with SPS/TechLine Connect then you should have no problem loading in your old settings into the new TCM

Senior Tuner
    I've not had any issues writing entire T43's. They don't have to be SPSed. In my experience anyway.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Others have said that a new-new T43 needs the initial programming done in SPS, like a bootloader or something needs to be in place first. After that the entire OS can be changed with write-entire. A reman-new isn't as blank as new-new. At least that's the internet version of how it works, don't know first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Others have said that a new-new T43 needs the initial programming done in SPS, like a bootloader or something needs to be in place first. After that the entire OS can be changed with write-entire. A reman-new isn't as blank as new-new. At least that's the internet version of how it works, don't know first hand.
    I know first hand. I'll get reman/new modules with all kinds of OS's. I never take the chance of something screwing me up. Along with that GM and their constant software updates will often fix issues that I can't even see in a compare feature between pre-read and post read. I know stuff has been changed and often times I can feel the change but HP tuners AND EFI Live does not pick it up.

Senior Tuner
    Its likely the best idea to use SPS.. but I guess my point was it isn't like a GEN 4 ECM where it flat out won't work to flash different OS's.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for the late reply
    Thank you everyone
    I will post results when all back together
    Roy