Thread: Nightmare cam on a 5.7 hemi (2011)

Potential Tuner

Unhappy Nightmare cam on a 5.7 hemi (2011)

Hello everyone, it seems I've made a crucial error. The vehicle in question is a 2011 dodge charger R/T AWD with 160k on the clock. I have the following

6.4 intake - SRV active via MMX controller @ factory RPM
    K&N Typhoon intake
    Billet tech catch can
    ARH long tube headers w/High flow mids
    Heartthrob exhaust (3 ID w/H pipe)
    MSD coilpacks(yes I know, been on 2 years function fine I was in a pinch and they were on discount and half the price as OEM)
    FTI eSRT 3200 TCC
    AEM AFR gauge
    180 Tstat
    ATI super damper(918487) - recent addition a few weeks ago
    CompCams Stage 2 HRT- N/A

I've had 2 tunes, 1 from the shop that did the cam swap which left me stranded, and 1 main(7 revisions) from an email tuner. It's an AWD hemi and not alot of tuners in my area can dyno tune an AWD or hemi.

At first the car wouldn't restart warm, and would almost die when shifting to reverse.

My most recent revisions went odd. The car would hesitate to downshift only from 4 to 3 in auto mode, if I let the car think for itself it would panic than downshift and over rev, if I do it myself it's perfectly fine. When coming to an almost stop the car surges and the person infront of me gets worried I'm purposely trying to hit them. It's very noticeable. Like I'm feathering the throttle. When in stop and go traffic if the RPMs get low, under 800 RPMs the car bucks like it's cammed obviously, and becomes almost impossible to drive. The only way to drive without alot of bucking and lugging is to put it in slapstick mode and do my best to keep it in third. I have a plethora of logs and tunes.

Id also like to point out ,while every revision made would affect the drivability. The surging would vanish than when fixing the hesitation the hard downshift would show up, than when fixing that something else would pop up. One of the revisions actually made the car die if I turn the A.C on, drive for a minute and turn it off. I've had the car mechanically inspected for faults and replaced a TON. I'm VERY peculiar about this car. Nothing goes unchecked and I usually do my own work, except for the cam and afr gauge due to wiring. Can anyone point me to some form of correction for this? I drive 60 miles a day and like 85% of it is stop and go. I'd also like to bring back the firmer shifts for the transmission, car feels odd without really feeling shifts. I literally only did the cam because my daughter liked how they sounded.. it's gonna be a rough 15 years for me 🥴

Hopefully attached:
    2 most recent logs with just about every parameter covered. This is my drive to work with a WOT pull in the first few minutes to get a good reading. Second half is normal driving

Most recent tune.

I'd also like to note my rear o2 sensor was unplugged by the shop to hook up the AFR sensor. So ignore the B2S2 reading and incomplete status. I need to put the o2 back and drive cycle it ASAP. State inspection is due this month 😬👉👈
    Attached Files Attached Files

Give this a shot and do a data log, send it to [email protected]
    Last edited by N2speed; 03-16-2023 at 02:06 PM.

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Potential Tuner

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by N2speed View Post
    Give this a shot and do a data log, send it to [email protected]

Omg this is already a massive improvement. Grabbing a cold start log now and will do a log for the drive home which is all stop and go. What do I owe you? And can you tune my TCM to accommodate the high stall converter?

Yes I can do the TCM as well, Send me the backup to my email please, [email protected]

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners