Thread: CM2450B Read original file

Tuner in Training

CM2450B Read original file

I normally use EFI live on these trucks but I like the option HP tuners has to change tunes from cruise control buttons i'm just wondering if people tried to read the ECM? I know its flash only but I didn't know if HP tuners generated a stock file to edit and if so do anyone know what operating systems they support SOTF with if anyone had any help on this would be great, or even a stock file in .HPT format thanks

Banned
    yes you can read and write, i have stock readouts for pickup and cab and chassis.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    yes you can read and write, i have stock readouts for pickup and cab and chassis.
    thank you for the reply, also did you ever use the SOTF with these on cruise control?

Banned
    OMG this SOTF BS is really getting annoying. im so ready to shoot another youtube vid on this feature. I dont know why a lot of people choose this but SOTF is really not a great idea. first off i know hpt gives you the option in some applications. But here's the thing. sotf will ruin the tranny faster than anything. it doesnt change the transmission on any tune. and this is the same for HPT, EFIlive, and SCT. So if someone is selling you a sotf tune its mostly a scam. For dodge yes it will make very few changes here and there in each position for timing, torque output, boost. but nothing for tranny. Chevy on the other hand with EFIlive does change transmission stuff around in every tune. but every time you change the tune, the tranny still has to learn again. Ford 7.3 diesels are the only true sotf applications out there with TSswitch, PHP Hydra's, Edge revolvers. If you want a true custom tune for your truck, stay away from SOTF. you will be doing yourself a favor.

I have tried a SOTF tune, but some transmission parameters were changed that I did not like (would hold 2nd gear until ~2300rpm before doing the 3-4-5 shift super fast). Being able to change tunes through cruise control was convenient. Overall I agree with Powerstrokecustoms, stay with one tune.
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Tuner in Training
    I am not buying a custom tune I am doing it, its just I am not aware the difference with HPT so I asked, I have done a lot of gm stuff and even back to the old 7.3 OBS with TS switch plugged into the J3 port. I just Haven't used HPT on a ram truck yet so I figured I would ask here before I got into it

Banned
    Want to run SOTF, fill your boots, no big deal. I can?t count how many times I?ve flashed the ecm on my truck, did not do any quick learn procedure and did not do anything people say you must do. Just flash, get onto the road and immediately foot to the floor with full lock upshifts. Over 300k miles on my transmission, spent around 280k miles purely stock, around 280k miles I put a Revmax hd valvebody in. I bear no concern over SOTF, go with whatever floats your boat. All that matters is what you want for yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thanks Jim, did you get my message id like to have chat if you had a free moment. thanks

Potential Tuner
    I had a CM2450b on the dyno the other week and it read ok. Has anyone had luck making any power no matter what changes i made i could not make power its like there is a limiter missing? Any info would be great

Banned
    What engine mode were editing?

Potential Tuner
    Sorry I cant remember I'd have to go back in and have a look. I havent used HP much. I ended up changing quite a lot just to try make a difference but same power each time.

Banned
    Don’t need to change much but your changes need to be on the right operating mode tables

Potential Tuner
    Cheers Ill take another look

Potential Tuner
    Just having a look I made changes in all modes. I didnt make many changes though. I just thought i'd see some sort of difference

Banned
    Did you bump up fuel quantity? That’s where you are really going to start making a difference