Thread: Help with knock

Potential Tuner

Help with knock

2020 F150 3.5EB
    intake
    bov
    exhaust

getting knock its almost always under no load. Just regular driving and I'm getting knock.
    I am a novice Im still trying to figure out how to dial in the lamda i think im getting that down but the timing is just something I don't get yet there's no videos or courses that give that info.
    but any advice on what i can do about the knock would be appreciated.
    Im Running 91 octane highest we have here in az.

I have tried adding 30 percent e85 and it didn't do anything I'm wondering if its false knock or if its something that's not right.

Also i just swapped the tires out for some low pro get better traction its not letting me upload but did a log sense i had to calibrate speedometer and the knock was going crazy. maybe the car was tripping out not sure.
    ill upload once i figure out why its not allowing me to.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you replaced your spark plugs with the colder heat range motorcraft plugs? I check a log from my truck (18' 3.5) with E25 and 87 pump mix and I am getting 10 degrees of timing at the same boost level as you. Looks like your truck wants 4-5 degrees of timing at WOT. There is a spot at around 1500 rpm @ .6 load mapped port 5 where I get alot of knock. Looks like you have it too. I set up some histograms so I knew where to remove timing from the stock map so I wouldn't get that part throttle knock.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you I will have to give that a shot. But i had my wheels replaced today I ended up putting on 275/40/20 on the front and 315/35/20 on the back and I don't know what happened but I don't think it likes those lower rpms because the knock just went ballistic.
    Ok figured it out and if anyone makes a dramatic change of tire size and you use vcm to update speedometer you also need to change the circumference on editor or you will get a check engine light saying the vin does not match and you will get a whole lot of knock.

Tuner in Training

Tuning

You can get red of your knock by using VCM Scanner click on retard on the chart and if you see numbers copy the whole graft and paste it at Spark optimum power, paste by percent 1/2. and you can adjust short-term fuel trims , by copying your chart on VCM st trim and paste it in Speed density paste by percent 1/2. I tuned your file and run it and let me know if you still get KR by using VCM Scanner. Save your file from the scanner.
    Attached Files Attached Files