Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DeutschWerks injector issues

Senior Tuner
    I'm thinking the tune was skewed for the "chinese 50 lbs" injectors and bad data and now that it has good data it needs to be gone over again.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I'm thinking the tune was skewed for the "chinese 50 lbs" injectors and bad data and now that it has good data it needs to be gone over again.
    That would have been my first thought also. However the only real changes other than the injector data was idle speed, Trans shifting, speed and rpm limit raising. I didn't want to be responsible for tuning using sub standard parts that could come back at me.

Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Where did he buy the injectors? Maybe they are counterfeit DW?
    He said he purchased them directly from DW

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    That would have been my first thought also. However the only real changes other than the injector data was idle speed, Trans shifting, speed and rpm limit raising. I didn't want to be responsible for tuning using sub standard parts that could come back at me.
    DW aren't substandard injectors.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    DW aren't substandard injectors.
    I didn't state that well. What I'm trying to convey is that if a great company with injectors made from the best material you can get, assembled in a dust and virus free clean room, individually flow tested to within a tenth of a cc per hour comes with data that is not correct for the application it was installed in even though the 20 year old "tech support" guy says "they will probably work just plug in any data that's close". Well it makes for a bad day.