Thread: 7.3 godzilla vct mapped points

Tuner in Training

7.3 godzilla vct mapped points

So collecting data driving around in the godzilla I found the only mapped points for vct used are 0-5. And it's only used optimal stability and fuel economy. Mapped points 6-26 and OP are not enabled. I only have been studying the coyote because there is nothing on the godzilla available. So is there any use playing with the vct on a overhead valve vct engine? Could some one enable more mapped points some how for WOT and gain any power out of this?
    Say turn on mapped point OP then enable pedal position to say 75% for OP. Then changed the axis table to 3800 RPM-6000 RPM. Would this then allow me to change OP valve angles and find a little bit of power out of it?
    Hope that made sense.

Advanced Tuner
    The Roush coyote tunes only use 6 points.......

Advanced Tuner
    There is no need to use more mapped points. Tune it just like you would an S550 Coyote mustang or F150, just not as many mapped points basically. Same logic.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Ok so I guess I'm just confused on the OP not being used. It shows only fuel economy and optimal stability while driving and when WOT it stays in fuel economy? Seems like WOT shouldn't be trying to save fuel. And lastly this is a single cam. Coyotes are duel. Every one says tune the same but it's completely different I can't move the cam and intake separately yet there is tables to do so.

Sorry just trying to get my head around this because I can't find anything on single cam vct but every says it's the same as duel. I understand the degrees and concept of tuning to a dohc easily but not sure how to ajust exhaust and intake when it's a single cam if that makes sense.

Tuner in Training
    I am curious if you have had any luck learning abut the mapped points? I have a 6.2 that also only uses 0-5 points, and am not clear how they are all used exactly.

Advanced Tuner
    The 6.2 does not have Ti-VCT, there is no need for all mapped points. SOHC angles advance and retard the same degree. If your 6.2 has IMRCs, then it has twice the amount of mapped points, the 2nd half would weigh in when the IMRCs are open.
    You're trying to wrap your head around something impossible if you're trying to adjust exhaust and intake separately on a SOHC.