Thread: 2007 Chevy Silverado classic ABS

Potential Tuner

2007 Chevy Silverado classic ABS

I installed 4.56 gears with 37? tires. I used a hyper tech turner to set tire and gear setting. My odometer is close to being correct. When my odometer says 55 mph but I?m actually going 51 mph. But, my abs light stays on. What can I do with my hp tuner to get the light off. Thank for the help.

With HP Tuners, nothing. There is a tire size also stored in the EBCM, and you need a Tech2 to get to it.

screenshot.17-12-2018 23.42.59.png

Senior Tuner
    07 Classic is Gen 3. I have never seen that problem with the EBCM on Gen 3s. Only Gen 4s. try returning the calibration to stock with the hypertech then use the gear/tire wizard in HPT. Only use 36 for the tire size or even 35.8. Never use the actual tire height on Gen 3 calibrations. Always subtract around .8. But on tires sized 33,35, or 36 subtract 1-1.2 inches. I've programmed 4.56 and 35 and even 37 inch tires in lots of them.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer38r View Post
    I installed 4.56 gears with 37? tires. I used a hyper tech turner to set tire and gear setting. My odometer is close to being correct. When my odometer says 55 mph but I?m actually going 51 mph. But, my abs light stays on. What can I do with my hp tuner to get the light off. Thank for the help.
    There is a way to fix this but i run into it so seldomly that I forget how. I want to say that I would edit the ABS output independant from the rest of the speedo calibration.

I realize this is a rather useless reply.. But I really feel confident you should be able to find a solution.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs