Thread: 6L80E trouble shifting under WOT

Tuner in Training

6L80E trouble shifting under WOT

Having an WOT shift issue with my 2007 corvette. Car has a 3600 stall converter. I'm on my second local tuner that says they know what they're doing. Both have been unsuccessful. Car shifted great before the converter swap. New filter, fluid, and has been over filled 1 quart. Would like someone to look over the tune and tell me if the current guy is on the right track or cut my losses and go somewhere else.Vette.hptVette.hpt
    Last edited by crazyracing04; 03-19-2023 at 03:20 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Well, they do and they don't know what they're doing. The inertia tables directly reference the shift timing tables which have 9 set cells. They have the inertia tables going up to cells as high as 14 - which don't exist... However looking at the torque model, which is also out of whack and possibly part of the problem I have to ask what's been done to the car and how much power is it actually making and how is it making that - i.e - NA, boosted, nitrous? Then I also have to ask is the converter good (pulling right with roughly the correct felt stall) and right for the car's build? Then there's other tables in the tune that need attention - timing and MAF curve for instance.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 03-19-2023 at 04:04 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    07 ls2 corvette. Fast 102 intake and throttle body, long tube headers, x-pipe, borla mufflers, port and polished factory heads(Ray Meyers), Texas speed 235/240 .629"/.615" 111 LSA camshaft, 525cc(58lbs/hr at stock 58psi fuel pressure), 7.4 pushrods, upgraded trunion bearings, 3600 stall converter, and stock bottom end. I'll try to get a log tomorrow and post that.

Tuning Addict
    What power did it put down? Brand converter and stalling correctly? Torque model being skewed way out along with other things could be a lot of the problem... That build should shift easy enough unless something is badly skewed such as inj data for example - brand. Try putting the torque model back to stock and see how it does then. Might also want to make the 2 5800 hz settings the same in the MAF curve.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Havent had it on a dyno. Only street tuning. The converter is a Yank. I havent loaded it up to make sure its hitting the proper rpms from a dig. As for the updates Ill see what I can do. I know how to some what navigate HP tuners, log, and write to the ECU. Dont want to mess anything up. Ill get a log tomorrow and post it. Appreciate the help and direction.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyracing04 View Post
    Having an WOT shift issue with my 2007 corvette. Car has a 3600 stall converter. I'm on my second local tuner that says they know what they're doing. Both have been unsuccessful. Car shifted great before the converter swap. New filter, fluid, and has been over filled 1 quart. Would like someone to look over the tune and tell me if the current guy is on the right track or cut my losses and go somewhere else.Vette.hptVette.hpt
    The downshift speeds are higher than the upshift.

This will cause shifting problems.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Appreciate everyone's replies. I've decided to take the car to a reputable tuner a couple hours from me. Will post updates when I have them.