Thread: 2022 Dodge Challenger 1320 Trans Tune

Potential Tuner

2022 Dodge Challenger 1320 Trans Tune

Can a trans tune be done on a 2022 Challenger 1320 without unlocking the PCM? Also, how do i get the Trans data downloaded from my car?

Thanks

Tuner
    Hello,

Please, check if HP Tuners supports it (https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/stellantis-tuning/).
    In case they do, yes, it is possible to only tune the transmission.

Once you connect HP Tuners, you can download the current trans tune out of your tranny.

FYI: I just worked on a 2020 Challenger 1320 trans tune.

DodgeBoy
    Email: [email protected]
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785

Advanced Tuner
    i might be wrong about this but i picture it being possible if your dongle is a 2 moreso than if it is a 3? Maybe someone else will chime in and expand on that thought?

Supposedly the stock 1320 trans tune has a glitch. What is yours doing? I will attach a read from a 1320 that is stock (2019) hopefully you will post your '22 if you pull it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    i might be wrong about this but i picture it being possible if your dongle is a 2 moreso than if it is a 3? Maybe someone else will chime in and expand on that thought?

Supposedly the stock 1320 trans tune has a glitch. What is yours doing? I will attach a read from a 1320 that is stock (2019) hopefully you will post your '22 if you pull it

I will attach it once i learn how to get it read from my car. I have the MPVI 2. Any help you can give me to read the trans file would be appreciated. I was able to get the engine file to read and download, but the transmission read is giving me fits!!

The 1 to 2 shift has an intermittent issue with lagging on mine. When i paddle shift, its so smooth.

Any suggestions or step by step?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by clay0126 View Post
    I will attach it once i learn how to get it read from my car. I have the MPVI 2. Any help you can give me to read the trans file would be appreciated. I was able to get the engine file to read and download, but the transmission read is giving me fits!!

The 1 to 2 shift has an intermittent issue with lagging on mine. When i paddle shift, its so smooth.

Any suggestions or step by step?
    Hello!

Once you get connection with the vehicle, you hit the download button. Over there, you can pick if you want to download ECU, TCU or ECU + TCU.

In your case, I would start with ECU + TCU.

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeBoy_8HP View Post
    Hello!

Once you get connection with the vehicle, you hit the download button. Over there, you can pick if you want to download ECU, TCU or ECU + TCU.

In your case, I would start with ECU + TCU.

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.
    Would you have some time to walk me through it? I believe there is 2 different TCU options and not sure which to choose

Thanks

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by clay0126 View Post
    Would you have some time to walk me through it? I believe there is 2 different TCU options and not sure which to choose

Thanks
    Sure I can!

Could you send me a screenshot of the options you are able to see?
    Email: [email protected]

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.

Advanced Tuner
    you got mail

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    you got mail
    Hello!

Did not receive anything yet...