Thread: Help with hunting idle on 2015 Mustang GT Kenne bell six speed

Advanced Tuner

Help with hunting idle on 2015 Mustang GT Kenne bell six speed

I am working on a tune for a friend for his mustang but we are having issues with getting a stable idle. Starting the car is fine then when the idle settles it can go even below 500rpms sometimes. Its not an all the time kind of thing but it can be duplicated by revving it and having the rpms fall. They do not see to be able to catch themselves. The kenne bell has the 168mm TB and I wanted to mention too that his trans has been swapped to a t56 magnum xl. The only things I have messed with are Enable RPM error and Disable RPM Error under Idle and General.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    No one's got any recommendations? Even a janky bandaid fix lol? I have tried raising rpm to 1000 for idle and we still get the same problem where it will bog down to the 500s sometimes and even stall. Is there no way to just avoid this torque based stuff only on idle?

Tuner in Training
    look at your trans based set point the P/N it is at 1 rpm it should be 850 the same as the drive set point

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SHMUSTANG View Post
    look at your trans based set point the P/N it is at 1 rpm it should be 850 the same as the drive set point
    Im not sure where you are seeing that. What ECM # are you referring to. What I see is both are set to 850.snip.png