Thread: Rich at idle 09 sierra 5.3 with a stage 2 Lsxcelleration cam

Potential Tuner

Rich at idle 09 sierra 5.3 with a stage 2 Lsxcelleration cam

I got the engine running and idling. Test drove several times logging for VE tables first. Maf is failed. I?ve removed a bunch out of the VE Table around the idle region. I aim still getting 18-25% LTFT at idle. It is a brand new build bottom up. Had the block done .10 over. And new cam lifters, heads resurfaced and valve seats cut. This is the first truck I?ve tried tuning myself. I?ve done tuning training and watched about every YouTube video on tuning for cam swaps and idle air flow. I will post a log when I get back home from work and the tune. Any insite Is appreciated.

Tuning Addict
    Most likely not failing the MAF 100%. You should be able to log MAF state it should also set a MAF code when failed.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Most likely not failing the MAF 100%. You should be able to log MAF state it should also set a MAF code when failed.
    It says maf failed and I have a maf code active.

Tuning Addict
    Best to post a log and tune. Then is it showing (-18%) or (18%) on the trims. (-18) would be rich and require pulling fuel out. It's either not failed or not getting adjusted right - are you making changes to the open table? Open is intake manifold runner controllers open - your default VE table for GM V8's.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    Best to post a log and tune. Then is it showing (-18%) or (18%) on the trims. (-18) would be rich and require pulling fuel out. It's either not failed or not getting adjusted right - are you making changes to the open table? Open is intake manifold runner controllers open - your default VE table for GM V8's.
    I will post when I get home man. Here in a few hours thanks for your help

Potential Tuner
    So I?ve been adjusting manifold switch closed, haven?t touched manifold switch open yet. And I am -18 LTFT. Should I start all over on open?

Tuning Addict
    Yes sir. Not a bad idea to copy and paste the tables as your going. That way you can adjust on the closed and then copy from the open if you're wanting to put some places back like they were. Once you're happy with how the table looks then you can paste it into the open table then flash to the vehicle. Just helps in case calculating coefficients causes something to jump way out for no reason.

~Greg Huggins~

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by durham.nate5 View Post
    So I?ve been adjusting manifold switch closed, haven?t touched manifold switch open yet. And I am -18 LTFT. Should I start all over on open?
    Its the last option in the VVE editor.. whatever that is.. Nothing else I've encountered uses anything else.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs