Thread: Gen 3 swap data log help

Tuner in Training

Gen 3 swap data log help

Hello everyone,

I am new to HP Tuners and I have been doing some research into how-to via videos and using the platform by reading the forum. I have had to do a lot of changes to my ECM and how its setup do to the previous person I took the truck to changing a lot of parameters and values. I ended up buying the software myself and giving it a try. By using the compare file function in the editor i have been able to get the truck back to close to factory settings (Best as far as my knowledge). That being said, I would like to have some more experienced tuners or users take a look at my data logging and see if I'm on the right track. The truck is a 1983 C30 dually and I'm using the SM465 manual transmission that originally came with the truck factory. The engine is a 2004 5.3 from a Tahoe and has flex fuel injectors, a returnless fuel rail with the Corvette style regulator/filter/return inline on the frame and a Holley Sniper fuel pump running at 315lph of flow. The exhaust is a set of factory early LS Corvette exhaust manifolds that I had to use for clearance reasons in the engine bay. I'll attach my most recent data log and current tune setup. Any and all help is appreciated.

setup.3.17. before work 2(smoothed).hpt
    Daisy 3.19.hpl

You still have the 2004 'Z' fuel rail/regulator? And injectors? (those injectors should flow 33lb, not 24.5 - likely you copied data from a non-flex file?)

Sorry, missed the part about the fuel system change.

Here's your file, with injector data taken from a 2006 L59 - same injectors, but a returnless system like you now have. Same fuel pressure. The 2004 L59 files will have data for 51psi and vacuum-referenced.

setup.3.17. before work 2(smoothed) - 12580426 35lb 58psi returnless.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thanks again for the reply blindsquirrel,

I do see quite a few differences in my tables versus the link you supplied. Since I am running the flex fuel injectors with a returnless setup should i be concerned with changing the values on the tables for Park/Drive Enrichment so that they match that of the non-referenced setup since I'm running a manual transmission? Also, i see that the throttle follower tables as well as the Injector pulse width are also different. Should these be adjusted?

That's your file, all I changed is the injector data.

I wouldn't go copying other stuff from a later OS unless you have good reason to. All that's changed is the fuel system, which needs different injector data to match. You have a 2004 engine with a 2004 PCM and 2004 OS but with a different fuel pressure regulator.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the information. I'll be writing the changes today. I'll keep you updated on how it goes

Tuner in Training
    Update on the 5.3,
    I have not had time for a test drive, but the throttle response is much more immediate and according to the VCM Scanner log it seems to be much more stable as far as the fuel trims and rates show. Thanks again for the help Blindsquirrel. I'll take a good test drive and data log this weekend when i have time. I'll keep you updated.

Did you flash the file I posted as-is, or try copying changes? Cause, no offense, you give kind of a noobish vibe and it's easy to think you're doing everything right while missing important stuff.

Tuner in Training
    I am indeed new to tuning. It's why I'm reaching out for help from more experienced individuals. Again, any and all help is appreciated. You mentioned I may be missing stuff that is important. What are some things I've overlooked? I am new to using tuning software and I have no issue admitting that I've probably got a lot to learn.

If you wrote the file I posted then nothing I changed could get overlooked.

Tuner in Training
    Update on the latest test drive. It seems to be responding better to acceleration and pulling hills. I have a slight issue every once in awhile when pushing in the clutch say at a stop sign or to decelerate while braking my RPM will drop to around 300 rpm then recover after a little bit back idle. Is there something I may be missing?

Tuner in Training

Update

Update on my latest configuration since i fixed my fuel system for the returnless style fueling. If anyone would liketo check over my latest data log and see if there may be anything i could improve on or anything that may need to be addressed I'll be adding my latest data log. Thanks in advance to anyone that would like to help.

going to work 3.31.hpl